Please help!! Single Slip, non-standard wiring, can't figure it out.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


lehrr

Member
So I have a crossing that I want to change over to a single slip. The problem is that the polarity of the crossing track is opposite from the main track, so when I move the points on the single slip to the diverted route, it creates a reverse loop situation. I for the life of me can't figure out the wiring. I have two reverse loop modules available to me right now to use. For some reason I can not wrap my head around how to wire this thing up in this scenario.

As you can see, the slip has the opposite wiring than it would usually have, and in this case the two frogs are actually not the issue with polarity, the outer rails are.

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me? My brain hurts. I've been messing with this for about 3 hours straight now. About to just give up. Is this possible to do?

Thanks.

peco_slip.jpg
 
Use the auto-reverser to switch just the tracks between all those gaps you show...the actual crossover. BTW, what you depict is a crossover, not a single slip switch.
 
Use the auto-reverser to switch just the tracks between all those gaps you show...the actual crossover. BTW, what you depict is a crossover, not a single slip switch.


It's definitely a single slip and that's the problem. A standard crossover is not an issue because the two routes are isolated so it doesn't matter what the polarity is. If I have the slip switch set up for straight through it works fine. If I throw the points to divert the train through the slip route and basically making a right turn through the cross over from the left side then I get short circuit. I tried putting the reversers on both ends of the crossover as well as on the outer rails of the cross over itself but nothing works. I actually get a short on the turnout itself when the locomotive is crossing it on the diverging route.
 


If I am understanding correctly the middle two frogs each get a wire from the reverser. That's where the conflict is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top