Plasticville's newer buildings

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Reminds me of MR a few issues back they had an O scale layout some guy worked on for fifty years. Of course with great shots of this man's (recently deceased) lifetime work.The next issue a reader sent in a photo from like a 1959 issue that showed the same spot on the layout as one from the newer article. A viaduct marked it as the same location, but everything else had changed over the years. That is except two women walking still in the same spot, forty years on. (I believe I was in line behind them one day.)

My question was what the heck kind of glue did he use on those figures? Mine seem to get knocked off all the time.

The layout to which you refer is Godfrey Humann's Mount Shasta Lines, based on the SP. Another Great Model Railroader boarding the Glory Train. Sadly, these men don't seem to be getting replaced.
 
Indeed, although the correct name is the South Shasta Lines. I went up to his place several times when he had his annual open house. He not only had that huge O scale layout but had a narrow gauge steam railroad that ran about two miles around the perimiter of his ranch and a ton of old steam powered tractors and threshing equipment. He died last April at the ripe old age of 96, still working on the layout and having tours. I have yet to hear about what will become of the layout.
 
Matt, where did you get the lighted AAA sign? I first thought maybe its from Miller Engineering (the animated sign makers) but they dont have anything like that on thier website.

The AAA sign used to be made by Miller Engineering. It was in the line of "neon" signs they produced before their newer animated signs came out. But it no longer shows up on their website. I wonder why they discontinued it. The motel sign is by Miller as well.

Here are the links to the signs on Walthers, of course both out of production (motel still in stock but no longer being produced):

AAA Sign

Motel Sign

The motel building was produced by Bachmann. I purchased the kits and built it about 5 years ago. It looks to have been discontinued..."Sold Out" at Walthers:

Bachmann HO Motel

However I did find a bunch of the motels on eBay (do a search for "motel" under the HO section). Below is a link for one that is only $3.99. It's not in the best of shape though. I think it's funny the seller thinks the gray things are benches. They are actually window AC units for the back windows in the rooms. Should be one for the office as well.

eBay Bachmann Motel
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top