N
North Coast Railroad
Guest
The room I have is 15'x 13.5' feet. Two doors, one is a pocket door, the other swings into the room. Both doors will be out of the lay out area. this will cut off 5' of the room on the long side. Leaves me a 10'x13'6" layout area. The other area will be for viewing, maybe a computer or my work bench.
I am hoping to obtain continuous operations. So thinking along the lines of a folded dog bone with either a hump yard in the middle, or going into a wye in the middle of the dog bone and having a stub yard....
Switching is something I really enjoy as well...so having a train or two run around while I create trains is the goal...I may have more than one operator every once in a while. I would like to learn more about operations, so I would like to have a track plan that enables that.
I also would want staging under the layout...My trains would need to 'go somewhere'.
I am modeling the pacific northwest between the 60's-80's...no logs, but lots of lumber. Lumber would be the main industry, with maybe one or two more industries...possibly a pulp mill, gravel. and a few siding dedicated to more than one smaller industry. Maybe a small manufacturing facility, a propane facility, food distribution or cold storage...just enough traffic for a smaller sized town of around 20k.
Passenger operations would be nice, but not too into it, so I could keep my radius under 30".
I hope to post a preliminary track plan soon.
I am hoping to obtain continuous operations. So thinking along the lines of a folded dog bone with either a hump yard in the middle, or going into a wye in the middle of the dog bone and having a stub yard....
Switching is something I really enjoy as well...so having a train or two run around while I create trains is the goal...I may have more than one operator every once in a while. I would like to learn more about operations, so I would like to have a track plan that enables that.
I also would want staging under the layout...My trains would need to 'go somewhere'.
I am modeling the pacific northwest between the 60's-80's...no logs, but lots of lumber. Lumber would be the main industry, with maybe one or two more industries...possibly a pulp mill, gravel. and a few siding dedicated to more than one smaller industry. Maybe a small manufacturing facility, a propane facility, food distribution or cold storage...just enough traffic for a smaller sized town of around 20k.
Passenger operations would be nice, but not too into it, so I could keep my radius under 30".
I hope to post a preliminary track plan soon.
