Patching Southern Pacific SD45T-2 #'s 9173 & 9191

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




You can patch just about anything.

100_1403.jpg


100_1474.jpg


100_1543.jpg


100_1856.jpg


100_1800.jpg


100_1972.jpg


100_2208.jpg


100_2319.jpg


100_2353.jpg


100_2517.jpg


100_2516.jpg
 
Mike, the C44-9 had a bad habit of catching on fire due to turbo unit fires. Here's a few others and real ones.

100_1758.jpg


100_1757.jpg


this one was primered after the fire.

bnsf4325jpg43038.jpg


22311119590100.jpg


52681170640800.jpg


52591145016000.jpg


66901188151200.jpg
 


Wow, Jerome. That's really interesting! I don't think I'd be comfortable being the engineer in a locomotive that has a habit of catching on fire :p
 
Mike, GE had some troubles for awhile with their turbos. Wasn't just the C44-9's. But I haven't seen any newer pictures lately, so they must have it fixed now.
 
Steve, nice catch!!!! I'm sorry, but that would make me very nervous having that much fire belching out of something I was riding in!!! LOL
 
LOL. At first I didnt think it was bad, from a distance the flame looked small. But when got closer I was like HOLY SH##!!!! If you took the flame out and put it side by side with the loco it has to be atleast 10 feet high. Engineer knew too, gave me a nice thumbs up. Apparently it kep doing this all the way down to Philadelphia,PA.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top