Old 'O' & New 'O' Layout Help

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


vinnyfl

New Member
Hello all and thank you for inviting me into your community. I have been a reader for a few months now and you guys seem to be very welcoming and knowledgeable. I am trying to soak up as much information as I can.

Anyway, to my question.
I have a bunch of old Lionel 'O-gauge' trains passed down from family. Some work some do not. Most are 50's,60's era. I am setting up a 6'x12' bench in my A/C'd garage and would like to set up a layout with all new track and electronics. With that said I would like to use it to test and get some of my old trains up and running as well as purchase some newer sets. I am not sure of the theme of my layout yet but for now I would like to try to be able to run 2-3 trains at one time (if possible). I want to do a top notch job and only do it one time.

So my questions are:
Can anyone suggest a layout for a 6'x12' area?
and
What tracks (brand and size) and what electronics would you purchase to do it right the first time?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top