ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi,
I have a four track mainline on some areas on my HO layout. I was wondering if anyone has used a O scale double portal to represent a 4-track quad portal in HO.. If so are there any that would pass for HO in there contruction? I like random stone mut will use anything that would look good in HO

The main problem I see is that it would be to that it would look weird being so tall but that could be cut off(most around 7-8 inches tall). Make sure you get smallest stones you can get as some could be the scale size of a minivan. =) I looked at a few on froogle and they were only 5 1-2 inch wide could be a tight squeeze, for me atleast.
I think a better option might be to get two HO double track portals and cut the two inner legs. You may have to touch up the stonework at the cuts but you would have a much more to scale portal.
I think a better option might be to get two HO double track portals and cut the two inner legs. You may have to touch up the stonework at the cuts but you would have a much more to scale portal.
I agree w/Jim about making 2 into 1. I've done it before w/3 main lines.
Larry
I agree with Jim, go with two HO portals and splice away!
If you want another option and prototypical looking try something like these arangements from the CPR Keewatin Sub:
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)