ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
My youngest borther has lived in Japan for most of the last ten years. He came home for a visit and once when he left my house he was on the WRONG side of the road and crested a hill to see headlights heading right toward him. Needless to say he almost had a mess in his shorts. LOL LOL He said that is the only time he has had that problem. See what I can do to a person SO BEWARE IF U C ME COMIN..
A family came from NJ to stay with my neighbor at the back, they hired a car and within hours had driven over two pavements and destroyed two wheel and tires, the next day he hit a drystone wall in scotland, the joys of driving on the correct side of the road
Well she's back in the hospital again She started to have real bad pains again and the doctor felt she can get better pain management there. So were with out the little lady
Jim, the new world order language is going to be Mexican! Viva La Raza! I heard there's a boat load of Undocumented Workers headed to the UK!
Chris (Vato), I'm sorry to hear of the troubles your little lady is dealing with. I don't know if you're the praying kind, but I am, and I'll be praying for you all.
Good Morning!
Bill- I see you have my two favorite things on the menu again this morning, blonds and brunettes!
But I guess I'll have to settle for sausage and biscuit at the local fast food, instead.
The sun's up and only one small cloud in the sky. I'm looking forward to a goooood time meeting with the ARG at the Irondale Cafe (the movie "FRIED GREEN TOMATOS fame) for lunch.
Wish everyone could attend and watch trains with us.
Mikey
It's 53 and clear. High today should be in the upper 70's and it will be partly cloudy.
Did a little work yesterday with changing out some of the structure lighting. Also did some work on a pedestrian bridge that crosses over the tracks. It's a Model Power copy of a Faller kit and doesn't have the fine detail of the of the more expensive European manufacturer. On the other hand it will give my people a safe way to cross the tracks. It's not handi-cap friendly though. Had a slight interruption yesterday when the power went out. Turned out that a tree behind my parents property fell over on the lines. The power was out about 45 minutes. Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/18/2008
Wind Chill: 52°F Humidity: 81% Dew Point: 47°F
So Far Today High: 56°F Low: 53°F Rain: 0.00" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 5mph NNE
Today High: 78Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Low: 48Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Chris - sorry to hear your wife had to go back into the hospital , we'll keep her and you in our thoughts!
Mikey - hope the weather for the ARG meet is as beautiful as it is up here! I'll try calling Jim at ~11:30, except I don't know how good the Verizon wireless coverage is at my daughter's soccer field.
Good Morning Folks ! From sunny and cool Western New York , . Chris my prayers to your wife and hope she gets well real soon. Hope everyone else has a real nice Satruday !!!!
Good Morning to all from Coarsegold, in Central Calif,
It's comfortable at 54*F under fairly cloudy skys, while I can see some blue here and there, 'There's not enough blue to make a Dutchman a pair of Pants', so we will hopefully get some rainfall? The mountain area here is a bit tricky in that due to the higher elevations not too far to the North and East things change somewhat rapidly and the weather is more savere than in the Fresno or Madera areas in the San Joaquin Valley. So I'll see what's going to happen?
The Photo Contest, I missed the September Small locomotive submission and I have a gem of a loco too, so I guess I need to now work on the current classifaction of modified car maybe ill put both together? I guess that should be allowed? Larry??
Chris it's rough to have someone in the hospital, I been going through that for a good many years with my Father and now my Mom, God Bless their Hearts. The extra running around and the worry sure can take a toll on you. I'm sure we all pray for her speedy recovery!
Good Morning all! Hope all are well and full of vigor this beautiful Saturday. Managed to do a little straightening up in the Depot this morning and can now start building/painting some structures for my town of Mountain View.
Now it's time for me to get ready for some Pre-game activities at the University that I got volunteered for (Thanks Carolyn!!). I hate getting into all that traffic and would rather drive 60 miles and be trackside with the ARG than this foo-foo white shirt stuff. At least I will join-up with a friends tailgate party near the stadium during the game. (They could have at least given me free tickets.) CU all later.
"The Photo Contest, I missed the September Small locomotive submission and I have a gem of a loco too, so I guess I need to now work on the current classifaction of modified car maybe ill put both together? I guess that should be allowed? Larry??"
David: I do not know if that would be allowed or not. I have not entered a photo contest in quite a while now. I will see if I can find out for you.
Thanks guys, it's really tough to have a adult family member in the hospital! and the extra running around to make up is tough! She looked good today and is getting the much needed med's there! They are going to do some more test's I hope they test here for Crones! A customer said his mom had the same thing as my wife and tested pos. for Crones!
Steve, Yes we got a couple of cruise ships full of Mexicans headed your way so the UK can share in our wealth of cheap labor Enjoy! You just might get some real mexican Food cookin over there Viva la Raza Vato!
Chris I hope your wife makes a speedy recovery and can start feeling better. No fun being in pain! All of you are in my prayers!
Well I got home an hour ago from the Lakeshores Division Meet. My clinic, The Care and Feeding of the Tortoise went very well. Went into overtime as many people had stories to tell and questions to ask about their installation. Many of the "old Timers" said they learned some new tricks that they planned to use from me and I learned a few good ideas myself. Saw some great layouts this afternoon. And...... I can now go "public" with the latest in my life of having no time to get things done! As of Noon today, I am the new Superintendent of the Lakeshores Division of the Niagra Frontier Region of the NMRA.............. (They couldn't get anyone else.....so they are stuck with me......) I have my work cut out for me. Spent a lot of time talking to some of the people who have formerly had the position and a gentleman who is on the regional board. I think we are on the same track and plan to head in the same direction so I hope their will be no derailments, and/or collisions.
Now I have to go unload the car. (The former Super cleaned out his back closet of all the stuff that comes with the job and loaded it into my little Yaris.)
Ray, congrats on the Division Superintendent job - I see another Certificate in your future!
Chris, I really hope your wife doesn't have Krohn's Disease. Hang in there!
Steve, I didn't know there were that many jobs available on the Continent to accommodate 50 million immigrants!
Rex I agree they shoulda given you free tickets, after sacrificing a day with the ARG. Hope the Tide "rolled 'em"
Had a pleasant wireless chat with all the ARG members while they were having lunch at the Irondale Cafe. Also got some track half*-ballasted in the engine terminal, I'm hoping in another week that it will be worth photographing. [* - the ballast is down but I haven't soaked it with glue yet].
Hopefully..... And I got 2 more credits toward Author for the clinic today as well.
I fired up the wood stove tonight for the first time this year. Nice and toasty warm in the house! Weatherman says it will be 28°F outside tonight. Garden will be gone tomorrow! Oh well next week I will pout it to sleep for the winter. I want to put some lime on it this fall and rototill in the remains as well as some humus.