Number Twelve Coffee Shop is now open

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Phillip, nothing worse than being indispensable. The interesting part is that, after two months, they'll be saying "Phillip Who?". :) It's amazing how quickly they can just do the job poorly that you were doing well but the company still continues to operate.
To paraphrase something I have always tried to remember: When you throw a rock into a pond, it creates a hole and waves and ripples. Soon the hole closes; the pond smooths. Only in our ego does the hole remain.;)
 
After noon Guys!

Spent most of the morning cleaning fish tank filters:eek: My sons turtle tank was bad followed by his frog tank! the little filter his turtle tank had wasn't enought to keep his turtles water clean so I got two whisper in-tank filters for them! the two red eared sliders were cute and small when we got them but they got way larger than I thought they would!:confused: I figured they would have been in the pet cemetary by now:confused: Well, they are clean and fed and for thanks the mean one bite me while i was cleaning the tank:mad: I nick named him SOUP!:D If he only knew;)Mmmmmmmm:pLOLs

My tank is doing good, not much new done to it, due to cash flow issues!:(

The weather down here got warm mid 80's and humid again, the rain chances have gone up for Monday and Tuesday to 30% not a great chance but we're on the board:o:):rolleyes: and thats enough for me;):)

My son has a game tuesday evening, I hope the next team is close to their size;) ;)Hate to see another 62-zip again:o

well got to go and clean the fish tank glass now:D
 
Good [Morning] Afternoon all,
It was a nice cool morning here and the rain was nice too just not enough of it, I guess I should be thankful about only a slight rain with a leak in the area of the swamp cooler, hope I have it fixed?

Well after a long delay work has agained resumed on the C & S West Short Line RR. I'm using a black marker to draw the track lines on the light brown sound board. Not as clean and neat as I would like but it will work I guess.

I'm working on the Serpha Iron and Copper Works [SI&CW] sidding which is elevated a half inch or 3.5' scale in HO, above the main line in front of it plus a second siding for the loading of Oil & Kerosene, can't remember the facility name. It will have over head transfers lines to the outside siding for loading as the tanks will sit along side of the SI&CW. This is just to the South of dry creek wash and the trestle that will cross it. Looking down on all of this from above is McKlear Coal Mine, one of the mines on Rich Hill at 10 to 11" in elevation above the lower main and accessed off the upper main line which is 9" higher than the lower main comming from the Horse Meadow Depot Area.

Well one step at a time so back to getting some ties glued down in place and making the raised area for SI&CW which will have a long wood retaining wall in front of this raised section for added interest, it is 3.5' scale higher than the main line as Paul Scoles has on his very impressive layout, that's where I got the idea. Very good instructional Videos I might add.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend and the week ahead, I know I'm going to now that I'm back working on the layout!
 


Afternoon everyone!

This is the first chance to post I have had today. Had to at church very early to set up the MLK Display for the Mission Fair this morning. It was a time to both honor all the local groups that our church's mission committee helps to fund. Everything from the Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Habitat for Humanity, Court Watch, Boys and Girls Club and about 20 more were there to tell what they do in the community. As soon as I got picked up from that and home I set to work on the lawn as that had to get at least partly done before I could rake up the clippings from the Dratted hedge and make a pile by the street. After all that, I decided to take a break and have an apple for snack. About half way through the apple, something went crunch in my mouth........ Figures I, "D@%% I just lost a filling. Nope. Whole tooth. I had a bicuspid that over 30 years ago broke biting down on a "pitted" date that wasn't. I say had because it is now sitting on the counter by the phone. That tooth had been partially pulled way back, then rebuilt several times, finally had a crown, and then not one but 2 different root canals done on it. I have spent at least $6,000 over the years on that thing. Tomorrow I'll call the dentist. It doesn't hurt at all just feels funny.

Now I'm going to go play trains!!!!

BTW, Rex, A long time ago someone told me that if you want to know just how important you really are, fill a pail up about 3/4 of the way with water. Then stick your arm in the pail up to your elbow, yank it back out real fast. Then watch how long the hole stays there.....
Have a good one!
 
What a day this has been. Glendia had to work today from noon til six so's I had my orders to prime and paint two of the walls in the living room. Now this room is 18X28 with two door ways and a large window so I probably primed and painted two 18 foot walls today. No wonder I am tired. We painted one of the 18' walls a dark medium blue and the rest of the walls are a light to medium tan. A very nice contrast tween the two colors and she is happy thank goodness. I was finishing up the last section when she got home from work. Now all we have to do is strip the wallpaper off of the last wall and prime and paint it. So I already know what the game plan is for tomorrow. I think I have talked into letting me go north and retrieve my new snow blade for the Kubota before we tackle the rest of the stripping and painting. We started this morning at 9AM and I fisnihed up at 6:30PM so it has been a pretty long day for me.
 
10-06-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 73 and clear but like all good things it won't stay that way. The high should be in the mid 80's and it will be mostly cloudy with a small chance of thunderstorms.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/6/2008


Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 11mph SE

Today High: 85 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010084.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It was 51 F this morning. High today will be 68 F. There are Frost Advisory posted for north and west of us. It looks like it is getting time to winterize the fish pond.

We had a great weekend with the Cub Scout Popcorn Show and Sells as we sold almost $900.00. Next weekend will be the crazy one as we have three locations. The third got added Saturday when the church that sponsors us offered us space at their White Elephant Sale. Not much else happened. We did the grocery shopping.

I never even got a chance to look at a train this weekend. Maybe I will get some modeling in during the week.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning folks. I'm back from my traintastic weekend! I don't think we could have scripted the weekend any better. The train ride was excellent, as was the Railroad museum. Though she wouldn't admit it, I think my wife had a really good time as well. She took the camera out of my hands and went to town at the museum. The leaves on the hillside over looking Lake Superior were stunning. They weren't quite peaked yet, but it was nice to see anyway. To top it all off, when I got home, I found that the Tv I'm waiting for to drop in price went down six hundred dollars. I may need to go shopping this weekend!

I'll post a few pictures when I get home tonight.

I hope everyone has a great day!
 
Good morning ! It's sunny and cool here in Western New York . Just another Fall day . Looks like were in for our first frost of the season so I'll have to bring in or cover the plants I guess . Nothing much to report so I'll be going . Hope you all have a wonderful day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 


Good Morning all!

I'm sitting here waiting for a call from my dentist. I may be able to get in to see him this afternoon...... (Gee I can't wait!) Better sooner though I guess. Lucky I have no nerve endings left near that tooth. What does the Tooth Fairy currently leave? Anyone know!

Like Paul said, sunny and cool here in the finger lakes. Currently 52°F with a high of 57° possible later. We are also under a frost advisory for tonight although the low is predicted as 37°. I would cover my pole beans which are still in blossom if I had a way. I will through a tarp over my peppers and zuchinni.

Hope all of you have a great day!
 
Howdy!

Just got home from the dentist. My old Bicuspid that has given me problems is now history...... Doc is going to do crowns on the tooth in front and in back of the one pulled and then insert a metal bar between them to hold the teeth in place. He is also going to do all this at his cost. Very nice of him since I don't have dental insurance!

Think I am going to skip the meeting I am supposed to be at tonight.
 
Ray Thats very good of him to do it for free,,, was there any gold in the tooth he took out by any chance. you would not believe it but a UK dentist is advertising just such a service, gold capped or crowned teeth drilled out and nice white composite fillings in, for free but the only snag he get's to keep the gold,,, and by the way the paper fiat currency is going down against gold he'll be a winner !!!

The wife is wearing her heart monitor now for 24 hours, and we are on electric toaster number three in a week, she took one back broken today and swapped it for another, you guessed it, it's broken so i just changed it for another and yet again the b****Y thing is broken so she's gone off to declare war on the retailers, the heart monitor will get a good work out tonight.
 
Ray Thats very good of him to do it for free,,, was there any gold in the tooth he took out by any chance. you would not believe it but a UK dentist is advertising just such a service, gold capped or crowned teeth drilled out and nice white composite fillings in, for free but the only snag he get's to keep the gold,,, and by the way the paper fiat currency is going down against gold he'll be a winner !!!

Ha, nope! Besides, all he got was the remains of the roots......... The crown was porcelain and what was left of the fillings in the tooth were plain old amalgam, and not much of that. I think he is just being nice (I taught his daughter the Music Teacher many years ago). We also go to the same church and I taught with his wife. Besides that I have already spent over $2000 at his office on that tooth. Even so it will still cost me between $1200 and $1500 (estimate) for the work.

Hope your wifes 24 hour monitor test goes well for her.
 
Good Morning/Afternoon to all from Coarsegold, Calif,
It was a cool 54*F here under Sunny skyes with a high of 76*F and looks like it will be a nice day.

Well I finally did a fair amount of work on the C & S West SL yesterday. I'll post this information and pictures under my continuing articles on the C & S West SL RR. Had a lot of enjoyment and a eeling of accomplishent as I got going again. Hopeing to have the main line trackage done by Christmas this year 2008!

Ray, How are the new switch stands working out for you? Are they sturdy enough to actually mov the points as required and withstand the gaff of being handeled in the process of doing that? Your feed back would be appreciated.


Have a good day to all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, How are the new switch stands working out for you? Are they sturdy enough to actually mov the points as required and withstand the gaff of being handeled in the process of doing that? Your feed back would be appreciated.

Hi David! The Details West Stands don't actually throw the points. The installed Tortoise Machine does that. By Manual Switch, I meant that the prototype was hand thrown. Sorry if I misled anyone. I have reworked them to have the signal turn 1/4 of a turn when the points are thrown by the Torti. I got the directions here: http://www.westportterminal.de/switchstands.html It is a fun but tedious project.

One of mine is in the photo I entered in the Sept. Photo Contest. The switch stand target moves as the turnout is thrown. Here is another of the stand.

Switcher01w.png
 
I picked up the walnut from the log I had milled today. Three layers of walnut 1 1/8th inch thick and about 4' X 8' in size and it only cost me 40 bucks. Some where near 144 board feet of walnut for $40 such a bargain I gotsed. All I have to do now is let it dry for 6 months to a year and then to the kiln to finish the drying.
Also went and picked up the snow blade for the new Kubota this afternoon so I am ready for that nasty white stuff. YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY
Finished stripping the wallpaper off of the 28 X 18 living room and got the painting all done and the furniture rearranged to Glendia's liking I hope. I think I will head to bed and get a GOOD nites sleep I hope.
 
Ray, welcome to the club of the toothless. I know your glad that's behind you. I'm just now starting to get use to my partial. Thursday, I go in for another impression and then the partial will be reworked to better conform to my now reshaped gums.
Tooth Fairy! Well, I have heard that tough times has fallen on our sweet little pixie and she has applied for a government subsidy. BTW: Glad you got your AP certificate all right. Talk about mistakes, my Golden Spike had both my first and last name misspelled and they were hand written.

Corey: I'm envious:p:D

Larry: If that is black walnut, it is worth some big bucks;). Several years ago some poachers went into my Great Grandfathers place in Southern Indiana and stole most of the huge black walnuts. I had know idea then, but several were estimated worth over $15,000 when milled.

Steve: I sure will be glad when things come together for you and the family. You guys have some pioneering to do.:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening, everyone.

Just too much stuff going on today including trying to fix my hacked Yahoo account. Just have time to duck in and say hello and hope things are going as well as they can for everyone.
 


Good morning all. This is my first visit to the coffee shop. I'll have a quad-shot latte please. :D Failing that, a very large cup of Montana Huckleberry coffee.

Appropriate that I'm typing this while on a train between London and York. Not much modelling going on at the moment, but I did manage to give away my old garage. Put it on the 'net for 'free to a good home' and a nice chap dismantled it and took it away to be recycled as a storage shed. The last few panels disappeared yesterday. A new shed has been ordered and I will finally have my train refuge / man room by the end of October. Small by American and Canadian standards but pretty good size for the UK. (12' x 24') With a bit of luck I may actually have something moving by Christmas. This will be my first attempt at North American modelling.

Thanks again to Jim, (UP2CSX) for the assist and suggestions on the track plan.

Ray, I share your dental discomfort. Just cracked a tooth in half before I could get the crown done. :mad:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top