NS GP38-2 HO High Nose

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.






A few more

This was a great project. Started out as an Atlas Trainman low nose CSX. I choose #5005 to model because it had some semi-unique things about it--it has R/C capability which is indicative of what NS has been doing to its oldest locos that it has decided not to retire, it has the Horsehead logo which I really like, it has only the weed-cutter type plow on the long hood forward end, and its old school cool ie its been 'freshened up' for the modern day. Plus there were a fair amount of pictures about it on the web, and well, I really like it.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top