No room for a layout----venting

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
no room for a layout, venting

:mad: Thanks guys, guess maybe I'll miss her, but not likely. I already have the guns and shovel, and the beer, she's used to that. I can't put a building on her lot here, have to hook up ac and she doesn't want to spend the money on that, so will take some of my retirenment buy my own lot, and build what I darn well please. I've had enough. What I'll miss is the dog. ha ha
He's kinda cute and fun. I'll retire next year and will have the time for what I want to do.:D
 


Well, I guess it was back in '63,
When eatin' my cookin' got the better of me,
So I asked this little girl I was goin' with to be my wife.
Well, she said she would,
so I said, 'I do'.
But I'da said, 'I wouldn't'
if I'da just knew
how sayin' 'I do'
Was gonna screw
up all o' my life.

Jerry Reed She got the goldmine (I got the shaft)
 
Hope things work out for you. I was blessed with a wonderful wife who actually bought me my 1st electric set. What a woman huh! Now we have a five year old who is into trains more than me and that is sick lol. She is now pregnant with a little girl who will be here this March and she has threatened me if I _____"train" _____her. Best wishes to you from our family.
 
Well if the current wife doesn't want the trains, stand your ground. It's your home. Pick a spot and build a layout. Keep your valued loco's aside and only bring them out when your run them. See how it goes. If you only act like a visitor then you'll be treated like one.
 
no room for a layout, venting

Well, I'm going to look for an enclosed trailer today to build my train room in, then I'm moving out while she's off visiting her kids and grand kids. I can take it all with this way. Enough is enough, I tried and tried only to fail. I can cook, wash my clothes and clean my house, I don't need another woman around to mess with my head. Thanks guys for your help, and for understanding. Man I'm looking forward to this and my new layout.:D
 
then I'm moving out while she's off visiting her kids and grand kids. I can take it all with this way. Enough is enough, I tried and tried only to fail.
Huh! you're going out the back door when no one's looking! IMHO Buddy that's not the way to do it, that'll add more turpentine to the brew that's already seething.
marriage a 50/50 proposition, nope it takes a lot more than that, it's 100% effort from both partners and each must accept and support the others idiosyncrasies, anything less there's selfish type problems that will fester like a boil until it breaks like the union surly will. Some people marry and some don't, it's a personal choice that suits the individual. Me! there's no way I could live alone yet others here say they are more comfortable on their own. That's just the way we are.
I was 29 years old when we got hitched in 1974 and I know I wasn't the easiest person to live with at times and during those short periods I didn't think she was either. Life has it's ups and downs and sometimes we can carry forward problems from previous partnerships. I agree, counseling is the way to go at this point because it will not get any better it will evolve into something worse. It would be best if both of you go, but of necessary then go alone and discuss the alternative options that you will have to choose from if you want enjoyment in life. My son is now in a similar relationship, (he says he loves his woman, I say hogwash they'll both be better off on their own)
Now if I could only find the time to clean out the basement and get started, Darned honey-do list gets longer every day. :D

Cheers
Willis
 


Also, go talk to a lawyer. I don't what the laws are in your state, but abandoment may lead to you losing everything you own. Actions taken in haste often lead to long regrets at your leisure.
 
no room for a layout, venting

After getting screwed twice by females, I'vfe had enough, and don't ever expect sympathy from me for any of em in the relationship department. I sunk a lot of money into this one, but enough is enough:mad:
 
Before you do anything get some professional advice.

Laws vary from state to state, province to province. Often while abandonment doesn't proclude you're entitlement during the following proceedings, the lines of ownership become very blurry during seperation.

What was "yours" before the relationship may not be so after.

While its true that the only one's that win out of this are lawyers, it is important that you cover your own ____.

Just something to think about......
 
I already know the laws, having been thru it once before, and we each have our own accounts. I owe only a little on a credit card, no other debts, she has her own. All I ever wanted was a place for my hobby stuff. I can't get it here, so I'm moving on. Besides, her grown children and their spouses hate me for marrying their mother, they feel like she is disloyal to their departed father. They'd hate any man who married their mother. I can say I tried to make things work, remodeled her home, built her a cabin, deck, and put in a celler, with my own money, and this all goes to her kids when she dies, not me, or any of my family. Abandoned? I don't think so. Twice I've been stomped on, and that's enough I believe.
 
Amen to that. Models are easy to get along with. It's hard to find a gal who is very supportive of ones hobby interests. I know a few lucky guys who enjoy a wonderful spouse that's supportive. It's just not in the cards for me I guess. I tried twice, that should be enough I'd think.
 
Diablo,
The law is bassed upon what a just and prudent man might do under similiar circumstances. It seems you have certainly sustained uncalled mental abuse and anguish from this gal and I'd have to say that those are pretty good grounds for leaving, just as you've brought up you have to draw the line somewhere based on irrecinsilable differences.

Just remember that if her actions are soley of her own doing she also must bear the responsible for them and should not be intitled to claim otherwise. It seems from what you say she is/can be pretty demanding and overbearing so there's some pretty darn good grounds, if that the case, to leave. If she is belittling to you there's even more grounds so it would be wise to write down everything she has done as well as what she hasent done.

You've to stick up for your rights and not just take-it-in the shorts.
 
OK, let's try this again. No one posting on this thread is a lawyer. No matter how many divorces you've been through, you don't know the law either. Any competent attorney in Arizona can and will rake you over the coals if he can, especially if he has a vindictive client willing to pay him to hound you to the ends of the earth. When I arrested people, I advised them of their right to remain silent until they spoke to a lawyer. The smart ones did. A lot of the other ones went to jail. Get a lawyer and shut up about your plans and what you think of this woman. Everything you have already written is public record. It can be subpoenaed and read in open court. Do you think you're helping or hurting yourself by continuing to post venom?
 
.....and that, without a shadow of a doubt, is THE best advice you will get on here!
Remember two things
#1 A man who acts as his own lawyer has a fool for an attorney
#2 A fool and his money (belongings) are soon parted
 
Last edited by a moderator:


And since it is the best advice that can be given I do believe this thread has run it's course

Thread Closed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top