Next Walthers passenger train for 2011 is...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I hope they do the C&O pere marquettes with E-7's and maybe the original roadrailers bringing up the rear

One can only dream
 


I hope they do the C&O pere marquettes with E-7's and maybe the original roadrailers bringing up the rear

One can only dream


What other famed trains are left?

The SP Sunset Limited
The Crescent
The Silver Meteor
The City of New Orleans / Panama Limited
EL Phoebe Snow (possibly)

Not counting the CZ since BLI already did that.
 
A couple that I can think of would be the Northern Pacific's North Coast Limited, this was their premier train wasn't it? Also what about the Baltimore and Ohio? A Capitol Limited would be nice :) Another is the Texas and Pacific Eagle, and not the Missouri Pacific's. I saw an Overland T&P E7 not too long ago in HO and I would have done a lot for it :D
 
The North Coast Limited is a good choice. The B&O Capitol Limited would look absolutely fantastic, I forgot about that one!
These yearly passenger trains are one of the best things Walthers has going for them, they are very popular and the runs tend to do well.

From the LHS I go to, when they spoke to their Walthers rep. regarding these passenger trains, he remarked that the idea was to do the Super Chief, and see how the sales were, with the Empire Builder train as a possible "year after" follow up, if sales weren't up to par, it would end with the Super Chief. Well we saw how well that did, hence the Empire Builder introduction, that pushed sales even farther; and the decision was made to continue a "series" of yearly famed passenger trains.
The 75th Walthers Anniversary featured the Twin Cities Hiawatha (good choice), I am not a MILW modeler at all, but when I saw the cars, I was blown away.
The 20th Century Ltd. (I have a prototypical 18 car set)
UP City of Everywhere (another great choice)
PRR Broadway Limited for 2011 (Can't WAIT to place my reservation)

One can only assume that a "western" train will be for 2012, perhaps maybe a Gulf coast train, hmmmm. SP Sunset?

Tom
 
Walthers has not done the Daylight, this beautiful train was done by MTH in HO and currently Broadway Limited Imports in HO Scale as well.

-Tom
 
Walthers has not done the Daylight, this beautiful train was done by MTH in HO and currently Broadway Limited Imports in HO Scale as well.

-Tom

Actually, MTH has done only one car, and I haven't seen it, though their cross of HO and three rail features is not really geared to prototype modeling. I'm not encouraged. The BLI cars are still vaporware, though I did order the train. An accurate Daylight has not been done yet except in brass, so overdone? No. :)
 
Very nice. I need to order my UP cars before the sell out, so I can model my business cars!
 


The PRR Broadway Limited!

As evidenced on the cover of the 2011 Walthers HO Scale reference book
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/913-211

Also has been confirmed on the Walthers Facebook page.

PRR modelers, your day has come!

Tom

Actually, Just announced today from Walthers is the Santa Fe Super Cheif Train with real metal finish! 8 BRAND NEW Cars and of coarse, the EMD F3 A/B units to make it a complete train!! In fact, its so new, their not even on the Walthers website yet! I just received the pre-order sheet from my Walthers rep literally an hour ago!
 
Looks like I'll have to get ANOTHER passenger train for the wall collection...... Rather have a steam engine for head end power though. Early diesels, F's and E's are nice, but nothing like watching a bit of rod motion.

Still waiting for Walther's to bring out a train for Monon(the Hoosier or Thoroughbred) with an F3A and B in the lead, Wabash(The Bluebird) with an E7A and B or two E7 A units, or an NKP set with a Berkshire on the lead. Probably never happen, as not many model those roads, but I can wish...... Until then, I'll just paint and decal my own and collect their other offerings that appeal to me.

Bob
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top