Newbie from California

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hello all... I have just aquired some Ho tyco Diesels (Santa fe, BN and Chattahooga W/smoke) I also have a Blue Box NOS Athearn Diesel (SP DD-40) I need track but the trains run fine on the tiny track that I have. Looking forward to learning much here.
 


Its a shame that so many old rails are being removed to make way for trails. I wish people and groups would step forward to save some of the old lines but I know it usually boils down to money issues.I am not far from the southern enterance to Cajon Pass. I have yet to go up in the Pass to railfan, but I have spent some time at the old ATSF depot here in San Bernardino. Its been a while since I have been out to do any railfanning for that matter due to health and vision issues. Hoping to get out soon.
 
Its a shame that so many old rails are being removed to make way for trails. I wish people and groups would step forward to save some of the old lines but I know it usually boils down to money issues.I am not far from the southern enterance to Cajon Pass. I have yet to go up in the Pass to railfan, but I have spent some time at the old ATSF depot here in San Bernardino. Its been a while since I have been out to do any railfanning for that matter due to health and vision issues. Hoping to get out soon.
Yeah, the train went eastbound and I live westbound, so I was unable to hitch a ride from school(the train moved very slow, but in the wrong direction). I have NEVER been Railfanning, but I'm gonna start looking. do you have any suggestions on where I can go near L.A. or O.C.?
 
Hi Mr Tinker Train, welcome to the forum from England. Good luck with your new layout, you will find all the info and help that you need on here, just don't be afraid to ask. regards James.
 
I know a lot of people hang around LA Union station. I am about 1 1/2 hour drive east of there but never been out that way. There might be someone on here that might be able to help in that area.
 
I know a lot of people hang around LA Union station. I am about 1 1/2 hour drive east of there but never been out that way. There might be someone on here that might be able to help in that area.
I'm gonna call union station and find out. then we can eat at Olvera street. Thanks
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top