New Walthers Crane and work equipment

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




It depends on how 'prototypical' you want to go. CP and CN used former passenger equipment for their work and auxilary trains. These are not exact replicas of CN or CP passenger cars but they are very good stand-ins.
I repainted and decalled an old MDC Harriman baggage to go in my CN auxilary train.
I also converted an old Riverossi Combi (Baggage/coach) into a Crane tender/ idler for my Athearn 250 ton crane. I'll dig up some pictures if you would like
 
Hi !

Thanks for the answer, in your idea, how many % you can valuate the prototypical ?

(Do you enderstand ? lol )

If i look only at the crane, does CP or CN already had this king of crane ?

Thanks !
 
Hi !

Thanks for the answer, in your idea, how many % you can valuate the prototypical ?

75-80%?

CN and CP, like every other railway, did use old passenger cars for crew cars, diners, bunk cars, tool cars, etc. These models aren't exactly like any CP cars, but reasonable for older heavyweights.

If i look only at the crane, does CP or CN already had this king of crane ?

Thanks !

Pretty close:
http://canadianfreightcargallery.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cp414212&o=cprail
http://canadianfreightcargallery.ca/cgi-bin/image.pl?i=cp414214&o=cprail
 
Hi !

Thanks a lot !

I don't have any "real" picture of the crane model but "it look like" good.

THanks !
 
All I can find right now is this shot of a "cook-diner-sleeper" car but I know I have others:
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top