New Video of the CP Rail M & M Sub.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


JDL56

Member
It's been awhile since I added a video of the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Sub. For this one I turned off the room lights, but left on the spots (creating a twilight effect) and followed a grain train around parts of the layout.

I also show a middle level that enables trains to transition between the upper and lower levels. Since it was added after the levels were completed (I "daylighted" part of the helix), I needed to keep it narrow to prevent it from intruding on the lower level. At 4 1/2 inches wide, it shows just how little space you need to lay track and include some scenery. A photo backdrop of trees gives the narrow shelf a sense of distance.

The video can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o_lRyca9RQ

John Longhurst, Winnipeg
 
Very nice - some great weathering on those cars. The last couple shots look like some looooooooong trains ;o) Thanks for posting.
Jon
 
Nice work, John. A good illustration indeed on how a small shelf can be made to look like a much larger space. Great weathering on the grains cars, as Jon said. I've got one of those SOO line Colormak covered hoppers too and just can bring myself to dirty it up much. It was one of the nicest color schemes to come out of the 70's.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top