New to weathering

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Tlawrence

New Member
Im about to start the weathering process any suggestions and help with what kind of airbrush to purchase and such since im going to the hobby shop tomorrow.
 
You'll want a Double Action airbrush.
I recommend a Badger Anthem 155 (bottom feed) or the Badger Patriot 105 (top feed) as good quality airbrushes at a reasonable price.

Here is a good article explaining how airbrushes works and reviews on a few models.
https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/home
This is well worth the read if you don't have any experience with airbrushes.
 
Get some Bragdon powders. You will use them in conjunction with the airbrush.

btw, I have a single action Pasche airbrush. And it works fine for me. And easy to use and clean.
 


I would encourage you to check out the com art colors at the Iwata-medea website The com art colors are really nice. I started playing with them this morning.

www.iwata-medea.com

again look for com art colors.

I looked at their airbrushes yesterday and they look very nice. If I didn't already have a paasche, I would have gotten one. If you go to utube, you will find videos on airbrush techniques without looking hard. I have the same airbrush as Michael. He is right about the Bragdon powders. It takes a lot of tricks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top