New to N Scale

  • Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


B

Billy

Guest
Hello,

I'm Billy, a retired railroad worker. 37 years on the Union Pacific (C&NW). I've had a few HO layouts when I was younger but I got tired of tearing them down due to the railroad moving me around so much. Now that I'm retired, I thought I'd try N scale. It looks like a lot of fun! When I got out of the hobby, Hornby just came out with their "ZERO-ONE", a very early form of DCC so I have had a brief experience with it. Nothing like the units today!
I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and maybe sharing some experiences I've had throughout my career.

Billy
 
Hey Billy!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard.

Your knowledge and experience is a welcome addition to our forum.

You will find this forum has experts in all aspects of model railroading and they are great people always willing to help.

I am a O gauge guy primarily but I dabble in HO and I find DCC to be fascinating!

I look forward to hearing more from you.
 


hello Billy
I am new here also but have been doing N scale for a while. In my humble opinion DCC is the way to go in N scale if you are just starting out. There is some expense up front but in the long run you save time and aggravation with wiring. DCC also makes using multiple locomotives in a train a lot easier.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top