New to forums, new to model railroads!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hi everyone. My name is Brian and I'm from central Pennsylvania. I'm not real sure if I'm supposed to make an introduction or not but just in case, here is a little background. I am a newbie in every category right now including my ho scale layout. I've been a train lover since I was a kid and my goal was to be a train engineer for Norfolk Southern after I finished my enlistment in the U.S. Air Force. Unfortunately, that dream was shattered when I was severely injured in Iraq, so I figured model railroading was the best way to live my dream. I've been slowly collecting what I can afford the past few years and finally decided to start putting things together. I have more ideas than I do knowledge and materials so my Uncle Jim who is an "O Scaler" suggested this forum to learn and get help with my obstacles along the way. I included a basic pic of what space and layout I'm trying to master. Thank you uploadfromtaptalk1403971298025.jpg
 


I've chosen to stick with DC, and have my own lack of wiring skills to contend with. Good luck with your DCC conversion. I'm sure there are many here who can help guide you.
 
Welcome to the Forums, Brian. Your uncle gave you some good advice about the Forums. This is the friendliest and best site on the internet for model railroading. Lots of very good and helpful people here that can and will help you with any questions or problems you may encounter as you get started. As already said, it looks like you are off to a good start. Just keep in mind that Rome wasn't built in a day.:)
 
Thanks Bob. Its been very overwhelming trying to do what I want and not knowing how. This forum however is making it a lot easier already and I haven't even asked many questions. It gives a sense of comfort knowing everyone is more than willing to help at any time.
 
Hello, Brian!

Allow me to welcome to the forums! I am new here myself, however, I am not new to model railroading. I have dealt with model railroading on and off throughout my childhood and only recently in my adulthood. It is a fun and rewarding hobby to pursue. Unfortunately, as I have to move come the end of September, I had to put my project on hold. However, I will be adding more train sets to it before attempting to come up with a layout plan. Once I have a plan in place, I will be able to start building it up, gradually.
 
Hey Brian,
Welcome to the forum. You have picked the right place to go, you can ask almost any question on here and someone will have the answer for you. Whatever skill level you are at, these folks are very supportive. I am very new at this as well and have had some amazing help on here. Let us know what your layout plans are and the more pics the better. Thank you again for your service, I wish you the very best.

Thanks
Scott
 


G'day Brian ....I'm on the other side and hemisphere of ol' little old blue planet but as you'll find ..it matters not where you live...we're all members of the same awesome , helpful , funny , and most importantly , friendly and respectful forum...Doesn't matter what gauge , whether fine scale or toy or anywhere in between we are all either modellers or rail enthusiasts...and as someone else quoted once or twice..."never met a rail person I didn't like"...you'll love this forum...Cheers Rod...
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top