ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi all, just signed on here, thought I would say hello. My sons and myself have been modelling the US in ho for a while now, we're most likely doing it all wrong but still, we're having fun which is what it's all about. Regard James
Hi James and Sons.
You can't be doing it wrong if you're having fun, perhaps the correct word would be "creative"
What part of England?
Welcome on board, some pictures would be nice.
Mac
Hi Mac, thanks for the welcome, we live in a town called Chesterfield in Derbyshire. I will try to upload a few photo's tomorrow as it's nearly midnight here right now and I was about to call it a day for today. Best regards James
Greetings. I agree with the gentleman before me, both that you are welcome and that you need an attitude adjustment if having fun is making you feel self-conscious. T'is what the hobby is all about!!! The fun, I mean.
Hello and welcome aboard. The hobby is all about having fun and being creative. Really there is no wrong way of doing something. Everyone has their own style of how to build a model railroad.
Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. Yes Selector, as in the sofa, it's a real comfortable place to live! Here a few photo's as promised, they were only taken with my phone so the quality is not great, sorry about that.
Thats better, hope you like them, the layout is nowhere near finished, and so I will post more photo's as work goes along if you would like me to, Best regards James
Thanks for the pictures.
Wow you've got a lot of good stuff going on. Well done.
If you think that you might, in the future "finish" your layout???? Dream on. It will be a "work in progress" for ever.
Mac
Yes Mac you are quite right, that was a bad choice of words there on my part, a layout is of course never "finished" and should it ever near that stage then it's most likely time to tear it down and build another!! James.
Thanks everyone for the positive comments, it's given me a lift to press on and do some more. It's sometimes difficult to keep up the momentum when you model alone (with sons). Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Best regards James
Ah ok, did you get to the N.E.C this year? We went this year for the first time in a long while, had quite a good day even though a bit tiring. Still managed to spend up though!!
James.
^I didn't actually. I've not been for a few years either, and I had planned to go but decided last minute not to. The layout was on the back burner at the time which was one of the deciding factors.
Then, only a few weeks later, I got my "second wind" and have started plans for a new layout. Needless to say I'm kicking myself for not going.
I know what you mean though, its easy to spend a fortune there.