New MTH Challengers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Motley

Active Member
Anybody know when MTH is going to release their new versions of the Challengers?

I could have sworn it was supposed to be this summer? The MTH website doesn't say, just say To Be Announced.
 


I have several MTH locomotives and they are all perfect, never had any problems, and they all pull like Clydesdales on steroids.
 
I have several MTH locomotives and they are all perfect, never had any problems, and they all pull like Clydesdales on steroids.
The issue is not the product. The issue is the company itself. Some companies do not deserve to be patronized. Sort of like buying oil from a country that supports terrorists, or electronics from a company that dumps the polution from the manufacturing straight into the ocean.
 
The issue is not the product. The issue is the company itself. Some companies do not deserve to be patronized. Sort of like buying oil from a country that supports terrorists, or electronics from a company that dumps the polution from the manufacturing straight into the ocean.

I feel the same way. Bankrupting companies like Lionel, driving several other well know companies away from manufacturing MR products, (ever hear of Samhongsa?), delaying development of DCC for several years, all through the use of lawsuits. The policy of trying to drive their own proprietary digital system down our throats even though there is an accepted standard through the NMRA, who they have refused to work with. The worse was claiming full credit for the settlement between the manufacturers and the UP and other RRs on the licensing issue, when they actually played an extremely small part.

Their business ethics and practices are the lowest in the business IMO and as such I will not buy anything from this company, no matter how good their products supposedly are.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That just means you've exponentially increased the chances of getting the best running Challenger ever produced in HO scale, in to my, as well as, others hands.

I very large majority of modelers have come to understand and accept the MTH HO product line -especially more tech-savy and newer modelers in the hobby... Thanks for the generousity -it's greatly appreciated.

Now run along and go play with your Botchman, er...ah-Bachmann.

I'm Lovin' me some Challengers from MTH
 


Release dates are estimates. MTH is not the only company who misses release dates, especially among those companies who sell products with electronic components. MTH certainly is not the only model railroad manufacturer to frustrate consumers with blown release dates, be it electronic or otherwise. How long did some folks have to wait for the new Walthers turntables? Two and a half years by some reports. Seems to be a part of the hobby. I saw a thread on the MTH facebook page regarding the Challenger and Big Boy releases. They are in the production queue. The loose estimate is September 2012. All of my MTH locos and rolling stock are top notch. I couldn't care less about the law suits, conspiracy theories, Mike Wolf this and that, blah blah blah. What kind of car do you drive? What brand of appliances are in your house? Business is business and it has an ugly, distasteful underbelly, no matter what you buy, where you buy it, who sold it to you, who designed it, who built it, who profits from it, who doesn't, who gets sued, who wins and who loses.
 
Release dates are estimates. MTH is not the only company who misses release dates, especially among those companies who sell products with electronic components. MTH certainly is not the only model railroad manufacturer to frustrate consumers with blown release dates, be it electronic or otherwise. How long did some folks have to wait for the new Walthers turntables? Two and a half years by some reports. Seems to be a part of the hobby. I saw a thread on the MTH facebook page regarding the Challenger and Big Boy releases. They are in the production queue. The loose estimate is September 2012. All of my MTH locos and rolling stock are top notch. I couldn't care less about the law suits, conspiracy theories, Mike Wolf this and that, blah blah blah. What kind of car do you drive? What brand of appliances are in your house? Business is business and it has an ugly, distasteful underbelly, no matter what you buy, where you buy it, who sold it to you, who designed it, who built it, who profits from it, who doesn't, who gets sued, who wins and who loses.
in the end your still waiting for your loco from MTH :(
 
Unless you are new to the hobby, who doesn't know 'waiting' has become the norm in the hobby, for new product arrival.
Nearly everything Model railroad-related in terms of new product, is going to translate into a wait for it.

Personally, I'd rather wait for something I know is going to be worth the wait-besides, I for one, am glad things are getting pushed back - at allows me more time to save up money for more of the things I want.

We're in the second year of production on the Athearn Genesis ACe models, and we still haven't received(let alone not having been announced)all the UP Heritage units- and those that have been announced are both way late and have gone up in price while we waited.

It all comes down to one thing: willingness to buy, and what that translates into cost-time and money.

I'll be ready when MTH is.

I just wish MTH would announce the UP Northerns - 844?

Not to change the course of the topic but I did just reserve a Genesis Challenger #3985 - just in case.
So, while I'm waiting on my MTH, it looks like I'll be waiting on my Athearn too.
 
Release dates are estimates. MTH is not the only company who misses release dates,....
Boy that is the truth. I think of the GSB SD40-2 with the "Bull Dog" chassis? I think it was over advertised for about 2 years before it finally came out with a wimper. Then the prize went to the "Highliner" F unit shells. It took them a bit longer than 2 years to get the "B" unit out, then at least another to get the plated A units out. Then I didn't really see them in bulk until Athearn bought them out and used them on the Genesis units. But the NEW winner is BLI with the Great Northern S2 4-8-4. I believe I ordered one of those in the spring of 2006 to be delivered in November of 2006. Everyone who ordered one is still waiting, what is that six years?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top