New Mexico clubs

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


railnut49

Member
Hi Folks, are there any RR clubs in the Luna, New Mexico? Or any model railroaders who may want to get together?:)How about starting a TTRAK group in the area?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Blackz28, I was aware of the club in Albuquerque, NM that is shown on your map, but am hoping to find another modeler in the area where I'm retiring to in a month. It's a four hour drive from where we are to Albuquerque. But thanks for the website.
 
I'll be in LUNA, NM, it's a tiny hamlet of 199 souls just across the border from Alpine, AZ. About an hour from Silver City, north of there and right along the AZ,NM border. It's north of Glenwood, and North of Reserve, which is the county seat of Catron County. That help, and where are you at?
 
Hey there chopps118, I'm in Luna, NM. It's a little town of 199 people about an hour's drive north of Silver City, North of Glenwood, and 15 miles north of Reserve, which is the county seat of Catron County. It would be nice to hook up. Where are you located?

Brian the railnut, N scale forever man!
 
Man, nice to know where a good hobby shop is. Las Cruces isn't so far away, so I'll be in touch. Thanks for answering I appreciate it.
 


Hi there chopps118, I sent you a pm to answer you a little on me. I'd dearly love to get together, Silver is only an hour away from Luna, and a lot of folks there grocery shop in Silver.
 
Hi there chopps118, I sent you a pm to answer you a little on me. I'd dearly love to get together, Silver is only an hour away from Luna, and a lot of folks there grocery shop in Silver.
***************
Did you try checking in with Warren at Trains West in Alb? I would think he would know if there is a club near Luna. I used to think I was isolated in Santa Fe and now I'm in upstate New Hampshire. That's isolation although I know your part of the world well after living there forty years.
 
***************
Did you try checking in with Warren at Trains West in Alb? I would think he would know if there is a club near Luna. I used to think I was isolated in Santa Fe and now I'm in upstate New Hampshire. That's isolation although I know your part of the world well after living there forty years.
yea the white mountians in new hampshire are in the middle of nowhere ;)
 
Do you know if anyone has ever modeled the cog railway? I took it when I was here about twenty years ago and it was still steam. Now it's diesel. The kid shoveling coal into that engine had forearms like Oak Trees. For those of you unfamiliar, it goes up Mt Washington and has a maximum grade of 31%.
 
Do you know if anyone has ever modeled the cog railway? I took it when I was here about twenty years ago and it was still steam. Now it's diesel. The kid shoveling coal into that engine had forearms like Oak Trees. For those of you unfamiliar, it goes up Mt Washington and has a maximum grade of 31%.
hummmm good question , wow have never seen it if it has been done:confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top