New Layout

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Got a bunch of furnace filter trees built as well I dressed up some cheapo Chinese trees .
 

Attachments

  • 70F9D1F3-0924-484A-B82C-0F334E716298.jpeg
    70F9D1F3-0924-484A-B82C-0F334E716298.jpeg
    677 KB · Views: 238
  • 9428FD0E-DDC8-4818-9131-7B4D1FB629DA.jpeg
    9428FD0E-DDC8-4818-9131-7B4D1FB629DA.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 225


Did another 20 smaller trees , also included a shot of what I do with the furnace filter that I cut off from shaping the trees , I hairspray over top of it and add flock or whatever to it and pull pieces away to use for underbrush so no waste.
 

Attachments

  • 44349F0A-0BB9-4112-816C-1D66E168E8A2.jpeg
    44349F0A-0BB9-4112-816C-1D66E168E8A2.jpeg
    612.6 KB · Views: 235
  • E92BF50E-F834-4759-8AA1-FB571ECAA0FE.jpeg
    E92BF50E-F834-4759-8AA1-FB571ECAA0FE.jpeg
    600.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 409B6854-2741-45DA-A84A-15523537BAF6.jpeg
    409B6854-2741-45DA-A84A-15523537BAF6.jpeg
    655.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 50C59892-6138-4742-8725-8112EE34A131.jpeg
    50C59892-6138-4742-8725-8112EE34A131.jpeg
    847.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 0402F4D9-7633-4510-ADA8-709602BFFABD.jpeg
    0402F4D9-7633-4510-ADA8-709602BFFABD.jpeg
    658.6 KB · Views: 270
  • F0D08A5D-F420-4EB4-B1B5-8C7A62B8B7BE.jpeg
    F0D08A5D-F420-4EB4-B1B5-8C7A62B8B7BE.jpeg
    677.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 2AAEB025-158B-4D01-9FD4-E400163595B5.jpeg
    2AAEB025-158B-4D01-9FD4-E400163595B5.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 048D5FBC-6DA1-4B46-B71A-B31CBD8C48C1.jpeg
    048D5FBC-6DA1-4B46-B71A-B31CBD8C48C1.jpeg
    677 KB · Views: 227
So here’s a bit of an update with what I’ve been upto, it’s a fsm Carters Machine Shop. I’m moving along slowly.
 

Attachments

  • 2DDC3A6F-130D-406B-AE3B-C77FFC6B13BE.jpeg
    2DDC3A6F-130D-406B-AE3B-C77FFC6B13BE.jpeg
    764.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 100D154B-7912-4105-BD65-1EEE2F5A83E3.jpeg
    100D154B-7912-4105-BD65-1EEE2F5A83E3.jpeg
    820 KB · Views: 240
  • 1ED93CC5-5C1B-4F7A-B493-F2AD4971EE08.jpeg
    1ED93CC5-5C1B-4F7A-B493-F2AD4971EE08.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 221
  • FA1CA4ED-D272-45CD-8C07-B1461E992EFF.jpeg
    FA1CA4ED-D272-45CD-8C07-B1461E992EFF.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 225
  • 9AB58D11-FD7F-4467-9154-00B6EC87CA4A.jpeg
    9AB58D11-FD7F-4467-9154-00B6EC87CA4A.jpeg
    802.9 KB · Views: 224
  • E924998B-783D-433C-984B-44A93702A29E.jpeg
    E924998B-783D-433C-984B-44A93702A29E.jpeg
    955.9 KB · Views: 228
  • FB33BED7-7ED1-459A-BED0-A7C837ABD508.jpeg
    FB33BED7-7ED1-459A-BED0-A7C837ABD508.jpeg
    835.6 KB · Views: 213
  • EDE9CFD3-ADC0-4312-9863-9A92CE7779BC.jpeg
    EDE9CFD3-ADC0-4312-9863-9A92CE7779BC.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 650F3718-C3EA-4434-BA15-D7936DED24E4.jpeg
    650F3718-C3EA-4434-BA15-D7936DED24E4.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 217
So I messed up a bit and yes it was me and not the product, I decided to pour the water for the canal and I believe I poured it too deep and it didn’t solidify. I know it was mixed right because what I had left in the measuring container I used over another waterfall poured area and it set solid. So I’m going to see if I use some heavy gel medium over the surface if I can at least get a top skin that won’t be sticky. I did one layer and some areas were dry so did another layer . You can see after the first coat how it’s transparent and showing the wood direction dam .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0663.jpeg
    IMG_0663.jpeg
    399.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0667.jpeg
    IMG_0667.jpeg
    751.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0668.jpeg
    IMG_0668.jpeg
    751.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    806.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0670.jpeg
    IMG_0670.jpeg
    801 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0671.jpeg
    IMG_0671.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 218


With my vision being crap I’m very limited to what I can do without destroying something so I figured I’d do some rough work on the layout and get some structures in place. There’s one thing I’ve learned is you can in fact fill in the holes on an open grid layout and add scenery hills whatever and down the road very easily cut and move scenery for more structures.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    685.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    797.7 KB · Views: 219


With my vision being crap I’m very limited to what I can do without destroying something so I figured I’d do some rough work on the layout and get some structures in place. There’s one thing I’ve learned is you can in fact fill in the holes on an open grid layout and add scenery hills whatever and down the road very easily cut and move scenery for more structures.
Awesome craftsmanship Lynn!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top