Johne230
Member
Honestly, from my phone I can't tell which of the two pictures is better, so I'm attaching both of them.
I did a little mock up last night of the coal mine area. The biggest downer is that comfortably, there is only space for two tracks to the tipple and one run around. No biggy, the mine just got a little smaller and easier to build. If I really get upset, I have some thinner foam in larger sections I can use to increase the area, but then I would have to reconsider some other areas around the layout. I'm a little early in this area, so I'm not in a rush to make a decision. All the track was pinned into place so I can look at it for a while and decide how much I like it. Easier to tweak now than after its all glued down.
I took a Loco and put two hoppers with it to confirm the amount of space for the switch back. Then took the longest Loco that I would use for the mine to Guage how much space I need for the run around at the far end of the mine. In the pictures, the rails go right up to the edge of the foam. There will actually be about another inch or so at the end. I plan to put a single piece of foam mounted vertically on the side of the layout with the end flush to the top. Then the end can be used as modeling ground.
Any feedback is widely appreciated.
I layed mine out 5 or 6 times before I came up with one I liked and could fit on the layout and that was after doing it on scarm a few times.I think the second photo looks better.


