New, in Western Kentucky

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Rorysm

New Member
Hello, I'm new to model railroading and find myself into it because my seven year old son wants a model train system and I am very excited about this as well. I've half-heartidly been into Subbuteo (an English tabletop game of soccer involving 00 scale figures on bases and some even build full stadiums with 00 scale accessories).
In any case, we are looking at HO scale as that doesn't take up too much space (we have a basement) but wont be too hard for him to use.
 
Near Owensboro, a few hours from you...

I should add that when I was a kid there were railroad tracks behind my house... like thirty feet from it! My parents had a small grociery store with a deli and the train would stop there to let the workers go in and get sandwhiches.
Sometimes my brothers and I would put on bandanda's over our mouths and hold up bb guns and pretend we were robbing the trains and the workers would through pockets full of pennies to us... today we'd be arrested by homeland security or something for that!
On the day they made their last run they took all three of us to the grain elevator and back on the train (about three miles), they even let my oldest brother drive the train!!!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top