angelsfanatic
New Member
Hello everybody.My name is Eric and I live in Menifee, CA. I have a wonder wife and three beautiful children. I am new to this forum and fairly new to model railroading. I first started out enjoying model railroading when I was a kid growing up in the 70's. My father bought me a HO train set and it just blew up from there. Next thing you know I was getting bridges and more track and buildings. Soon my father and I had built a nice 4x8 layout.
As the years went on I kind of grew out of it. I was playing sports, getting into other hobbies such as photography, and school and friends became important. After school I started working, got married, had kids, and began my venture into adulthood. Now here I am again. I am trying to gain back a piece of my youth and share it with my kids.
I recently started purchasing new HO equipment and boy has it changed. DCC and sound decoders? Wow! I was lost, but I am beginning to get the hang of it now. I only have two locomotives...an Intermountain ES44DC and an Atlas dash-8. They are both BNSF. I have also purchased about 25 different cars from various mfg. I also have Woodland Scenics supplies, buildings, Atlas code 83 track, and a MRC Prodigy Advance 2 to start building my layout with.
I hope I can use this forum to pick the minds of the brilliant and assist minds with lesser knowledge than myself. It is great to be here. Cheers!
As the years went on I kind of grew out of it. I was playing sports, getting into other hobbies such as photography, and school and friends became important. After school I started working, got married, had kids, and began my venture into adulthood. Now here I am again. I am trying to gain back a piece of my youth and share it with my kids.
I recently started purchasing new HO equipment and boy has it changed. DCC and sound decoders? Wow! I was lost, but I am beginning to get the hang of it now. I only have two locomotives...an Intermountain ES44DC and an Atlas dash-8. They are both BNSF. I have also purchased about 25 different cars from various mfg. I also have Woodland Scenics supplies, buildings, Atlas code 83 track, and a MRC Prodigy Advance 2 to start building my layout with.
I hope I can use this forum to pick the minds of the brilliant and assist minds with lesser knowledge than myself. It is great to be here. Cheers!
