New from Baytown, TX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Wheel Set 2

New Member
Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum. Been model railroading for the past 20 years. Live in the Baytown, TX area. My railroad is Santa Fe circa 1970 - 1980. Have a round the wall in the spare bedroom. Will post pics as work progresses. If there are other model railroaders in the area, hit me up sometime.
 
Welcome.

I haven't been here long myself, but thought I'd say hey and touch base because you are a fellow Texan. I'm out here in Katy.

What scale are you modeling in? Gotta love that 70 to 80 time frame. That's what I'm doing as well with the Frisco in HO.
 
I'm also in HO. I have two Frisco PS2 hopper cars. Am basing my layout on 70's Alvin/Sealy/Danbury area. Have all my benchwork done, going to start laying track. Room is 10x13. Been looking for a trackplan to accomodate my limited space.

View attachment 25974
 


Welcome neighbor.
Well kinda, I'm in the DFW area so not real far.

I'm doing Santa Fe too but the fifties era freelanced N-scale.
​
 
I'm also in HO. I have two Frisco PS2 hopper cars. Am basing my layout on 70's Alvin/Sealy/Danbury area. Have all my benchwork done, going to start laying track. Room is 10x13. Been looking for a trackplan to accomodate my limited space.

View attachment 25974

Those are some sweet hoppers there. I bought four of them, but only have one put together.....and I hated every minute of doing it.

You are one step ahead of me with the bench work. I hope to start the process sometime in the next couple of months. I'm figuring we have about the same area to work in...I'm looking at about 12 X 16 in the garage, with a rough track plan.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Are you going DCC?
I'm gonna stick with DC.....I've got to way to many locos.
 
I have a Zephyr DCS50 and only 2 locos as of this time. The benchwork went fast, now I'm stuck looking for trackplans for round the wall layout. Any suggestions?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top