"NEW" Digitrax PR3

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I'd like to see your layout and your Zephyr console.

Macjet I just have a 24" deep shelf that is 12 feet long with NS snap track and switches and double switches. No scenery at all. track is not glued down or anything. It is all temp. I got it all loded up with locos and rolling stock...a little bit of over kill but I like fiddling around with them. When I lived in Litttle Rock, AR I had a round the room layout that was 20 by 15 back 1995.

here is a small pic of what I have going on...
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9290&d=1206934710


I am going to start on my console to include all my Digitrax stuff like I mentioned earlier....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Alco, congrats! I thought it was probably the speed as I had the same problem when I got my LocobufferII. I just wasn't sure the setup for using USB :).
 


I know that feeling well.

You are going to love DecoderPro. I have had mine going for about 3 years and wouldn't know what to do without it. It is particularly handy when one of the locos decoder defaults because of a short or unknown. All you will have to do is write the files back into it. No bulky records, brain dead losses. Wham Bamm...done! :D
 
Macjet I just have a 24" deep shelf that is 12 feet long with NS snap track and switches and double switches. No scenery at all. track is not glued down or anything. It is all temp. I got it all loded up with locos and rolling stock...a little bit of over kill but I like fiddling around with them. When I lived in Litttle Rock, AR I had a round the room layout that was 20 by 15 back 1995.

here is a small pic of what I have going on...
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9290&d=1206934710


I am going to start on my console to include all my Digitrax stuff like I mentioned earlier....

There are so many locomotives you can't even see the trains! (Modified The Jerk reference.)

I just picked up my Zephyr today and was wondering what kind of boxes/panels people are using for the command station. I'm stuck with a shelf layout until we upgrade houses but I'm already enjoying the ability to program engines here instead of driving to the club.
 
Alcomotive, how did you get help?

I'm running a MacBook with OS X 10.5.4, PR3, and Zephyr. I can read/program on the program track but I get the "timeout with command station" message when I try to make changes on the main.

Do I need to call Digitrax?

Thanks.
 
I joined the yahoo group for Digitrax...there are plenty of guys that can help. I would help you but I have no knowledge of Macbook and its OS system. It may be your port setup speed but I am not sure. Give them guys a shot...
 
I joined the yahoo group for Digitrax...there are plenty of guys that can help. I would help you but I have no knowledge of Macbook and its OS system. It may be your port setup speed but I am not sure. Give them guys a shot...

Will do. And thanks.
 
Macjet did you succed in getting the help and are you up and running? I know this post is old but I am curious to know if you were able to get you Mac to work on the PR3.
 
Macjet did you succed in getting the help and are you up and running? I know this post is old but I am curious to know if you were able to get you Mac to work on the PR3.

I did get the Mac, PR3, and DCS50 working and have had zero issues programing Digitrax decoders.

Back in September Apple released the new Snow Leopard operating system. This new OS took Mac's from 32 bit to 64 bit which the JMRI programs didn't like. This shut down DecoderPro for a few days until the fix came out.

Now that that has been resolved I'm having fits trying to program SoundTraxx Tsunami decoders. I don't know what the problem is. I can even program those nasty factory Athearn decoders (MRC?) without any issues but my SoundTraxx are driving me to drinking.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top