Need help with around the walls layout plan...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


.... I am pretty upset about this, on my old layout I had as a kid, I always had a freight train and a passenger train running together, and it was really neat.

You do know that you can run them together in ways that were impossible when you were a kid, right?

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here, "no offense intended", etc, but the "experts" will tell you that running two round in circles get's boring, fast - Now you can have a "prototypical" passenger train running, and the freight must get out of the way. The switcher(s) have to prepare the freight cars etc etc - You can "play" alone or with others.....

Don't be upset! :)

Cheers,
Ian
 
Haha, yah I hear ya. I think it will work out well. Can anyone help with a quick track plan for one main line, with some sidings, a large yard, and possibly a turntable? My locos are 95% diesel's, and I have 2 really nice sets of passenger cars with matching locos I'd like 2 run. I also have a ton of freight cars I'd like to use. Thanks again for all of the help!

Randy
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top