Narrow gauge poll V2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I model the following narrow gauge

  • I model On30

    Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I model On3

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I model HOn3

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I model another narrow gauge scale

    Votes: 4 20.0%

  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
While I have a couple of HOn3 engines my main emphasis at present is to get my layout completed for running Std. HO and as I go along I'll try and work in some HOn3. I was just looking at an area last night that might accommodate using some HOn3 to reach a mine via a different route than I had planned.

There's a fair ways to go before I get there though.
 


I model HO to look like narrow gauge... ;)

IMG_5006.jpg
 
Colorado narrow gauge lines-D & RGW,Denver South Park & Pacific,Rio Grande Southern,Colorado And Southern,Silverton Northern,Silverton Railroad,and Unitah Railway, in HOn3
 
Also modeling in HOn3, Nevada Co Narrow Gauge with a side of D&RGW despite my saying I wasnt going to get a K class, a Balboa K36 just screamed buy me and I did! Mike
 
I have been of the narrow minded mindset for many years. The roster of brass engines has grown this past week. I picked up a Ken Kidder HOn3 mogul for $25 in its orignal box, it was in pieces, but is now all back together, painted and waiting for a can motor. Monday the mail man dropped off my Nevada Co Narrow Gauge #9, early run with the angled drive that is prone to fast wear. Its been pro painted, can motored and DCC-ized already. I had been outbid on a nice Balboa K36 on ebay, but I found another one that cost me less than what that one on ebay ended up going for over at Caboose Hobbies, it arrived today. And while I do love the smaller engines, this chunky K class is the cat's arse to say the least! Needs painted, a coreless motor and dcc installed. I got it running halfway decent and resolderd a split steam in the smokebox tonight. I will probably ship it off to my painter over the summer months when I am busy with my other hobbies and the trains are parked for the summer. Cheers Mike
 
Like Scordicus I also model narrow gauge in several scales I started in HOn30 and moved on to 1-35th scale. Saw the B'man On30 and couldn't resist the Forney. Then there is the 1-24th scale micro layout sitting here waiting to be finished. Not that I like narrow gauge you understand ( tongue in cheek).

Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
MT Hopper
 


HOn3 is my scale.

I have always loved the look of narrow gauge. My inspiration was Furlow's SJC back in '82.

-G-
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top