N&W SD40-2 construction

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




I kind of like the Geeps running long nose forward but, seeing a Dash-9 running that way definitely looks a bit odd....or should I say, different.

I am sure that this has been asked and answered before but, what exactly is the reason that some lines run their locos long hood forward?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm done except for putting the doors on and paint. The trimount clasps will have to wait until later, I did add the rear brake shoes though. If I wasn't blind in one eye I'd keep going.

sd402.jpg


sd403.jpg


sd406.jpg


sd407.jpg


sd408.jpg
 
Randy, I'd be blind in both eyes and my hands would be about to fall off. I don't think I've ever even seen traction motor cables modeled before. Now I want to know how well it runs with all the added details.
 
River Run,
Let me guess, you used solder for the traction cables and railflyer "pillow brackets?"

Did you find any prototype pictures of the traction cables up close. The reason I ask is I want to do the same thing on a SD50. I have not found any good photos showing the arrangement of the cables.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top