ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
That is a fairly standard 0-6-0 saddle tank locomotive. The saddle tank was to save the space of trailing a tender when switching in tight industrial areas especially on docks. Hence the nick name of "dockside" for the 0-4-0 equivalent. They were built by several manufacturers (I think even Rodgers) in the 1890s-1910 ish. I guess I don't understand the question.
been lurking the RYPN? heh, I posted that pic, we're trying to track data on the engine originally posted, any help here would be appreciated, the engine was at the Sparrows Point Bethlehem Steel shipyard, look like helping supply steam to projects, it has a radio antenna on the cab, and diesel stripes on the pilot so it looks very modern times like the mid-70s being in use. Sparrows Point was a very hard to get to operation so things may happen there that may barely make the public eye. this is that pic.
we're trying to track data on the engine originally posted, any help here would be appreciated, the engine was at the Sparrows Point Bethlehem Steel shipyard,
Well, it does not look like an Alco or Cooke because the driving rod is connected to the center wheel instead of the rear wheel. It doesn't look like a Porter because those generally used different type of valve gear. The mounting of the air tank looks very Vulcan, as does the valve gear box on top of the cylinder, and the brake cylinder. Yup the more I look the more I see. The smokebox front cover, the driver wheels, and what is left of the head lamp look Vulcan.
So I would find someone with some resources about Vulcan locos and find 0-6-0T #1. My second guess would be a Davenport. Davenports were more numerous, but had a greater variance in how they looked.