My rock face, one of

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


wombat457

I'm the one
I don't think this is worthy of the "Showin' Off" forum but here goes any way:

Img_0180_zps80c6fd92.jpg


Img_0181_zps5b2d2609.jpg


Ignore the "white" in the cracks and crevices, I didn't wait until the glue had fully set :(

Cheers
 
Its worthy. I think that looks great! Next time you do one grab some "in process" pics ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk
 


I was just thinking the same thing Jim. I wish I had wombat's drive (and free time!). I can't wait to see this layout completed.
 
Thanks Gents.

Trust me, my "drive" is primarily motivated by "she who must be obeyed"! If I had my way, I would be moving a little slower so as to avoid mistakes.

Having the time is handy though, and that probably gives the appearance that I am moving forward quicker than what I really am. I have been working on this one section for over a week. This afternoon I cut a little of the mountain away (about 1 1/2") to make more room for the town and buildings that are on there way to me.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and YOUR inspiration.

Cheers,

wombat457
(aka Tony)
 
Thanks Gents.

This afternoon I cut a little of the mountain away (about 1 1/2") to make more room for the town and buildings that are on there way to me.

Cheers,

wombat457
(aka Tony)

I hope you didn't cut away the" natural" rock formation of the dancing girl, kicking her leg up high with arms up in the air, in the upper left corner of the first picture (also clearly visible in the second pic).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you didn't cut away the" natural" rock formation of the dancing girl, kicking her leg up high, in the upper left corner of the picture.

Only cut into apart of the mountain not in those pictures, but I have a "dancing girl" in my rock face??? Sheez, don't tell the wife okay. Oh and would you mind pointing her out to me though? Either my eye sight is worse than I thought or, you have one helluva good imagination :)

Cheers,
 
Darn, there IS a dancing girl on my rock face - thanks Kevin for pointing her out and Jim for noticing :)

Cheers
 


Thanks Kevin. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw her. I hope Mrs. Wombat doesn't notice that she's naked, or Tony will be sleeping on the couch.
 
If it were me, I wouldn't say a thing. I might even highlight a few features to bring her into the light a little more. But be natural about it ;)
 
Thanks guys,

So let me get this right .... 3/10 for the work I did BUT 10/10 for the girl, that about right? lol

Okay Kevin, any suggestions on where "she" should be touched up, err I mean highlighted??? :)

Cheers all,
 
Where the imagination takes you. You have to be subtle though. But seriously, I think it looks great the way it is. I am sure in person at different angles it looks nothing like a girl. How about some shots now that the glue has dried?
 
OK, I thought I fell for it as I scrolled back to the pics... But there she was! To cool!! Oh yah i almost forgot, very nice rocks!
 
Thanks again guys,

Kevin - your right, at eye level it just looks like a part of the cliff face and is very subtle! Problem now is, each time I look at that part of the cliff all I see is a naked girl :)

New pictures are on their way Sir.

gator do 65,

Nope you weren't being sucked in - there really is a girl in my rocks!

Cheers,
 


That is looking really good. Yeah, at different angles she disappears. I was looking to see if other images were hidden in your rocks there, but I don't see any :D

What are your plans for foilage?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top