CustomDave
New Member
I hope I am in the right section for this, I apologize if I am not. Also, sorry for the bad pics. They are from my phone, its the only camera I have.
In my intro thread someone had asked to see pics of the old Lionel set that I got from my Dad when I was a kid. It was his when he was young, I think he said he got it for christmas when he was 8 or 9, so I am guessing it is from around 1960-1962. If anyone has any info on this stuff let me know. I am not sure if it is worth anything or not. If it is I will most likely build a display case for it. If not I will probably find another power source for it and let my daughter play with it while I am getting organized for building an HO setup. Most of the cars and engine seem to be in decent shape, considering how well loved and played with they were.
Here is the Engine. I think it still works, but the power supply isn't working so I don't know for sure.
This car was my favorite, the helicopter has seen better days, but it still works.
This car used to have logs held down by chains. Unfortunately, I was an imaginative kid and took off the logs. In their place went my sisters barbie, playing the role of the 5o ft woman. Obviously the military had to restrain her. The chains and logs are long gone now.
This car was just a red flat car when I got it, but there are holes in the top that look like something was once on top. Dad couldn't remember.
Gotta have a tanker, right?
And of course the caboose.
And a crossing signal. The lights stopped flashing when I was a kid, but they do still come on.
In my intro thread someone had asked to see pics of the old Lionel set that I got from my Dad when I was a kid. It was his when he was young, I think he said he got it for christmas when he was 8 or 9, so I am guessing it is from around 1960-1962. If anyone has any info on this stuff let me know. I am not sure if it is worth anything or not. If it is I will most likely build a display case for it. If not I will probably find another power source for it and let my daughter play with it while I am getting organized for building an HO setup. Most of the cars and engine seem to be in decent shape, considering how well loved and played with they were.
Here is the Engine. I think it still works, but the power supply isn't working so I don't know for sure.
This car was my favorite, the helicopter has seen better days, but it still works.
This car used to have logs held down by chains. Unfortunately, I was an imaginative kid and took off the logs. In their place went my sisters barbie, playing the role of the 5o ft woman. Obviously the military had to restrain her. The chains and logs are long gone now.
This car was just a red flat car when I got it, but there are holes in the top that look like something was once on top. Dad couldn't remember.
Gotta have a tanker, right?
And of course the caboose.
And a crossing signal. The lights stopped flashing when I was a kid, but they do still come on.
Last edited by a moderator:
