ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
That's a really nice build. Well done !!!
Hi I'm building an sd60e go rail unit. What is the detail parts for the whole model. I need the detail item numbers, who makes, and what the parts are. Thank you
Hi I'm building an sd60e go rail unit. What is the detail parts for the whole model. I need the detail item numbers, who makes, and what the parts are. Thank you
Hello,
I saw your post and will get back to you soon w a full list. Just a bit busy w the holidays now. I got the cab from shapeways.com 3d printed website the Athearn detailed one. That will get you started. Most of the parts are details west. Complete list to follow...
Brad
Thanks. If i get the complete list if the parts. Like the item number, what is is, and who makes it. I be really happy. Thanks for getting back to me brad and nice loco and what sound decoder you use? My club is digtrax and what be the best for that.
Sincerely
Brandon
Brandon,
Sorry it's been so long to get back to you. I'm working on another build now, this time a csx sd40-3 sponge bob square cab.
Here's a few details for you off the top of my head on the parts I used on the NS SD60E build:
Cab is from shapeways.com from a builder named "Lurgan." NSModeler24 on YouTube has a good tutorial on how to paint 3d painted plastic. Basically use goo off to clean w a toothbrush, rinse w soap and water, prime and then paint.
I used a ESU Loksound Direct Select (board type) sound decoder recording #73831. I used a Railmaster high bass DS1436-8 mounted in the shell.
The loco was a stock Athearn SD60. I replaced the motor w a Kato HM-5 and a Railpower Ac4400 weight. Ulrich models has a great tutorial on how to do it as well as all the necessary parts. The results are dramatic.
I'll post the rest of the detail parts soon.
Brad
Very nice job with that loco-a great testament to your pride and wanting to do something for the vets.
are you NSmodeler24 on youtube
are you NSmodeler24 on youtube
No I'm BigB6flyer. NSModeler24 lives up the road from me in Asheville. Josh has more model train talent in his little finger than Ill ever acquire.
Thanks
Brad
Anyone got parts list to make one of these?
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)