OldGettysk
Running the MC & Buffalo
Neat can't wait to see them finished !
Looks like things are coming along nicely. If I can make a suggestion, don't use cardboard for a roadbed. It will get wet when yuo lay down ballast and wrinkle up and make the track look a little more poorly maintained than you had planned.You can sand down some cork roadbed to make a transition and then lay the track right on the foam. Most industrial spurs are either buried in ballast or have the ties sunk in the mud anyway so that small roadbed difference won't really show. It's easy to lay the track on foam using some latex caulk.
Yeah, I know that area. Right by the Konkolville sawmill I believe. You think that trestle is impressive, have you ever been on the road between Lewiston and Grangeville? Trestles like that everywhere you look. Maintenance on that line was huge.
the lawyers creek trestle isnt that the name of the big one just before the top of the hill? that one is imoressive, that whole canyon is a railroaders paradise. I am just beginning a layout myself based on the Saint Maries River Railroad.
Wow, looking good, much better then my layout!

