My first scratchbuilt building.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


This is HO scale, i wanted to try something simple and i need two background buildings for my small HO project, so i figured id start with that. Its constructed with styrene, and the roof details are spare parts id had laying around as well as the doors at the bays. Right now its just seated with some temporart details. Still have to do my backdrop and what not, hope you guys enjloy.
 


I like it. One suggestion though. You don't usually see the prefab metal walls with the ribs running horizontally. I've only ever seen them running vertically.
 
Yes, clapboards it is guys, and I thought i had saw them horizontally before and went with the route. I am pleased with the results though, here soon I'm going to start another for the opposite end.
 
Well done! I especially like the realistic gravel roof and the rusty vent caps - it would have been easy to leave the vents out because it is a narrow background building but you went the extra distance and it paid off. Nice job.
 
Well done! I especially like the realistic gravel roof and the rusty vent caps - it would have been easy to leave the vents out because it is a narrow background building but you went the extra distance and it paid off. Nice job.

Ditto for me! :)
 


Appreciate it guys, this week im going to begin building my next background building, this one will be a little bigger, I'll be sure to post pics.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top