ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I'm at the point to start laying track but want get the wiring sorted first. Since this is my first layout I'm starting small with shelf switching layout. I have three turn outs in it and need help figuring out the dcc wiring. Attached is a image of my plans.
Thanks for any help.
I was going to print out your track plan, but when I opened it as a file, it was like expanding an Avatar. There is some kind of note on each track piece but I can't read it.
Wiring depends on what switches you are using. If Atlas 851 you don't need anything special, just hook power to the rails, the frogs are insulated. If your switches have powered frogs then you need insulated rail joiners and switches to route power to the frogs depending on direction.
electrofrogs....only 2 gaps needed at the 2 reverse facing turnouts (bottom turnout right hand going to the first upper left hand) on the opposing rails and wiring at the bottom right straight and top left straight. Any further wiring depends how far you need it to work. Thats ...gaps past the frogs of mentioned turnouts. looks like the other turnout is really a right hand. Still the same procedure.
I'm at the point to start laying track but want get the wiring sorted first. Since this is my first layout I'm starting small with shelf switching layout. I have three turn outs in it and need help figuring out the dcc wiring. Attached is a image of my plans.