my first over and under video,Leeds,AL

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good Video, Thanks for sharing
It looks like the engineer in the trestle train slowed down to get the cross because he sped up afterwards.
 


Fantastic - that's your best one ever (IMHO)!:cool: Not only did the front ends of the trains appear at the same time, but the tail ends as well. Couldn't have worked out better even if the NS dispatcher had choreographed it all!

BTW - Even though Maryland is my home, I've driven on that road (Hwy 78) several times. My sister-in-law lives 15 minutes away from Leeds, and we all go down to 'Bama for a week-long visit every other year or so. I recognized the scene right away.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
... Couldn't have worked out better even if the NS dispatcher had choreographed it all!
Ken,

You could say the dispatcher did. The train on the trestle is swinging around to join onto the lower track for the trip into Norris Yards, which are about 3 miles away.

Trainman,

Wish we had known that you were in town! I at least could have given you a guided tour of the area, and you could have at least seen my madness,(layout)!:D
 
Great catch!
The CN goes over the CP a little East of here, as far as I know no-one has ever captured an actual crossing.
 
Great video :)... and an unusual confluence of events, where even the ends of the trains finished crossing at the same time.

Greg
 
Was there any professional recording equipment in the area? That would have been great footage for a commercial.
 


Ken,

You could say the dispatcher did. The train on the trestle is swinging around to join onto the lower track for the trip into Norris Yards, which are about 3 miles away.

Trainman,

Wish we had known that you were in town! I at least could have given you a guided tour of the area, and you could have at least seen my madness,(layout)!:D

I'll let you know.You know Jeff Gordon from Birmingham,aka jgordonamtrak1 from Youtube?
 
There is a NS / CSX crossover close to me, called Clinchcross, on the former Clinchfield line. I would love to get a crossover shot there sometime.
 
Thanks, Carey. I often wonder about above grade crossings like that as if they are in response to higher traffic amounts between two rail roads or if there is some other reason. In Mississippi, I don't know of any above grade crossings like that.
 
I know those coal hoppers! I have personally dumped every one of them several times....and then turned around and made electricity with the coal.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top