My first Bachmann Spectrum engine. Nice!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


dekker

Member
I just got a GE Dash 8-40 Bach/Spect engine today and wow does it run very very smooth and quiet. I have Atlas,Athearn and Walthers engines also and I really think that the B.S. engine runs as smooth if not smoother than my other engines.Detail is good, the others to me are a bit better but I am really impressed with my spectrum. Plus the price was great and it is dcc ready. I always stayed away from Bachmann but I have been reading post here and there and you guys are right. I am glad I took the chance and bought a spectrum. Thanks!
 
Glad to hear you like your new Bachmann. I have several Spectrum engines and have found the same as you. Good running units with good detail, not the equal of a P2K or Atlas Silver line but very close and at a price that's hard to beat.
 
Bachmann has come a long way. I think that they are decent for the price. I was just running a 4-6-2 K4 Spectrum and it ran very well and the sound impressed me a lot more then on some of the BLI blueline steamers.

Ryan
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top