My favorite pics I've taken this month. (Dial up be aware!)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Davidellias

Member
pictures%5C78221%5CLow%20Battery%20028.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CLow%20Battery%20032.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CLow%20Battery%20039.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CLow%20Battery%20049.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CLow%20Battery%20051.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CLow%20Battery%20054.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CTrainwatching100%20013.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CTrainwatching100%20015.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CTrainwatching100%20015.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CTrainwatching100%20037.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CTrainwatching100%20051.JPG


pictures%5C78221%5CSD70ACe%20013.JPG
 


Very nice shots!
However someone did a terrible weathering job on the Trans Corp hopper, you can really see the brush strokes! ;)
 
I really like that first picture. That ex GP-30 converted into a fuel tender and possibly a slug. Most I've seen are just tenders.
 
Wow very cool pics. I really like the 2nd one (black one with the horse). Would like to buy a model version of that if there is one. Maybe you can recommend me an online store?
 


I really like that first picture. That ex GP-30 converted into a fuel tender and possibly a slug. Most I've seen are just tenders.

To the OP, would I be correct in believing 6928 is a GP20?. I see that this shot was taken just this month, that's quite interesting. I have just recently bought a UP GP20 (P2K) HO model, the prototype of which was scrapped in 1984. Fascinating to see one still in use. Do you know if CSX have many of them?

To Cj, what indicates to you that the GP30 is a fuel tender or slug. If a tender, does that mean it's engine etc has been removed and replaced with extra fuel tanks?

Oh, and that Transcorp hopper gives me encouragement to start weathering my equipment, if it looks roughly hand painted then I can't go wrong then.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top