ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
"...do not know what I would do if I actually finished..."
You know something Scott, I think a lot of us feel the same way and it "could" be one reason why we tend to go slow, so that final day doesn't come around too soon. While there will always be little things to do, I don't think it will be the same as actually building it. Will kind of be a bitter sweet day for me.
Tony, I know when I started this, I wanted to fast but now slow is much better.
Scott
I just spent the last 10+ minutes reading this thread and WOW!
Scott, your layout is incredible and was a great read to see what you started with to now, fantastic job. I'm a newbie to this hobby and I have to start with the same size table you have and you've definitely inspired me and proved that you can do a lot in small space.
And stop being so hard on yourself with making your own buildings, they look great and you are doing what you can on a very very VERY tight budget. You should be proud of yourself!!
Looking forward to more updates...subscribed!
Chris
Scott,
Darn, didn't realise that I had missed your reply - sorry. You are right though, slow is better than fast even though we do tend to get into a hurry to get things done. As said, you have achieved a great deal and should be proud of yourself for your achievements.
Thanks Chris. I am glad to hear that you got something from this thread. Always remember to work with in your skill limits at first, once you feel good about the stuff you are doing, go ahead and challenge yourself a little. The worst that can happen is that you have to start over or rethink the plan you had. This hobby is pretty forgiving, the bottom line is that you are happy with what you have done. Thanks for looking.
Scott
Ok guys, I made a small video of the layout. It's nothing fancy but I had a good time putting it together. Click below to check it out.
Thanks Scott
[h=3]
Train video[/h][h=3][/h]
Great video! Really impressive
Nicely done Scott, thanks for sharing the video.
Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, Scott! You've done a phenomenal job on your layout! You have accomplished a great deal in a short time and you should be very proud. You have done way more than I have ever done with scenery and you have done it well. Again, nice job.
burakol,
Thanks a lot, i am not a very tech savy guy but I got it worked out. Thanks again for looking.
Scott
Thanks Steve, I had a lot of fun putting it together. Thanks for checking it out.
Scott
Burlington Bob,
Thanks for the kind words, I still have some work to do. I need people and more period correct vehicles, trees, etc. The layout is pretty basic but it works for me and my skill level. It has been a learning experience to say the least. Thanks for watching.
Scott
Great video Scott and your son did a fantastic job with the music!
Your layout is looking great, thanks for sharing the video.
By FM C liner;
The layout is pretty basic but it works for me and my skill level. It has been a learning experience to say the least.
We all have to start out basic but the experience gained makes each successive project better and better!
Thanks Louis,
My son wrote that music several years ago for his grandmother as a gift. I thought it fit well with the video. Thanks again for the kind words.
Scott
Scott, your son is very talented as well........and yes, it fits the video very well!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)