MTH two story passenger station and platforms, but no decals.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


herkulese

Member
I recently purchased one of the MTH two story Red Brick passenger stations with the small platform on each end, and the cover that extends across the front of the building between the end platforms. The dividers in the center of the two small covered platforms are just black plastic, as if there should be decals to go on them, but I went through the box, and never found any decals. Every pic that I have ever seen of these covered platforms, as well as with this set, shows commercial adds, or pics of some sort on these dividers. Should they have come with the set, or how do you get them? I am waiting for a call back from the local shop where I bought it, but thought I would post the question here as well.

Thanks,
Roger
 
I don't have a clue as to whether or not you should have gotten the decals or any decals at all. With that being said, it has become a "bad" practice of companies to show their products all decorated etc BUT don't provide the "decorations" with their kits. No doubt, MTH is one of those companies.

There are many sites that do sell decals for various things, railroad names, rolling stock, commercial premises and so forth. What I'd suggest is you google HO Decals and see what comes up - don't be surprised if MTH shows up with decals for the kit you bought though.
 


I contacted MTH, and was told that the decals do not come with the structures.

Suggestions?

Print an ad you like and glue it on. Doesn't even have to be a decal. I've used contact cement, but there are certainly other adhesives that would work also. If you want to protect it from staining, simply put a piece of clear packing tape over the front surface and trim it to size before you glue it on. I've done that with two signs on buildings and it works great.
 
I am with Mike on his idea as well. I have printed up "adverts" and stuck em on buildings etc then covered them with dull coat to help hold them in place. In many cases, they look better than the decals you can buy.
 
I have used clear mailing labels for projects like this. Just find the ad you want, print it on the label then cut and stick.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top