MTH DCC Ready sd70ACe

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


willbacker45

New Member
Has anyone tried the dcc ready locos yet? Just ordered one in CSX...lets hope its great! $150 isnt bad...IMHO. I have one with DCS and it runs and sounds fantastic so I hope the DCC version will be even better!

I was wondering how hard it was to install the dcc plug...have heard you have to remove the trucks? any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks!
 
I own the DCC ready UP MKT heritage, and it is an excellent runner. I haven't tried pulling it apart yet, but it is a good idea to read up on it. I recently read an article where a guy removed the DCS components and installed DCC in an earlier MTH SD70ACe and broke a body retaining clip. You don't have to remove the trucks, I believe it's simple plug and play, and the removal/movement of some jumpers

The instructions include the steps to remove the body/install DCC.

http://cs.trains.com/trccs/forums/t/166270.aspx?PageIndex=1 -this is the article I read about the DCS/DCC conversion, so you can skip most of that, but I am pretty sure he talks about removing the body somewhere in that thread.

Hope this helps,
Coy
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top