MT trucks and code 55 track compatibility?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


bn_1970

New Member
I'm about to order 10 pairs of Micro Trains roller bearing trucks 00325031 (1030-10-B). Will they work with code 55 track? The club I'm with is going to build free-mo modules for taking to shows.
 
The newest MTL trucks use a medium flange wheel that should work just fine with ATLAS code 55 and the older wheel sets I've been told work fine with ME code 55 track.
 
Personally I don't know.......but I did see red flag warnings on this page here:

http://www.nscalesupply.com/atl/ATL-TrackCode55.html

Hopefully what they call microtrains "standard wheels" (on the page at the link above) that they claim don't work with atlas code 55 track are the older type. There are some microtrains EMD FT A+B loco sets I really want which are from the last couple years. I hope these have the newer smaller wheels compatible with atlas code 55. The more I see and read I want C-55 for my layout build.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top