Motorcycles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Does anyone make 2 wheel & 3 wheel motorcycles for HO scale already assembled?:confused::eek:
 
Also, Who makes a good running RDC? No rubber-band drives!! I have 2 rb drives now. Anyone on the Forum want to get rid of 1 or 2?:)
 


just got my walthers flyer and their is a special for a package of six cycles and it wasn't a lot have it at work so don't remember the cost hope this helps b.n.s.f. pete
 
Just going to bring that one up. It's at http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-180603 and it's $13.98, on sale, for six bikes. The only problem is...they aren't in stock and the arrival date is unknown. :eek: I don't know why Walthers keeps doing this with flyer sale items. No newer RDC cars that I know of other than a brass model I saw a few years ago. You can get a gearing kit for the Hi-F drives from Ernst for about $18 though, and they run pretty good with the new gears.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lifelike made a VERY nice RDC car in its Proto1000 line that can still be readily found on Ebay and in swap meets. They look great and run well, too bad it's too long of an overhang for my little 6 x 11 layout or I'd have one. It hangs up in one tunnel.
 
Tried a little search and came up with the following
Elsken - manufactures 1/87 motorcycles of various styles and eras
then tried to find Elsken
http://www.1-87vehicles.org/directory/elsken.php which got me this
Elsken manufactures white metal kits of motorcycles representing a wide variety of prototypes. Available in the U.S. from Truck Stop Models.
http://www.1-87vehicles.org/directory/truck_stop_models.php and to
http://www.1-87vehicles.org/photo_index/index_harley.php Ok the Harleys the the others from Truck Stop
http://truckstopmodels.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=30&osCsid=4eea8b3e69f1c2cafe4a261209c9f281

Then it got impossible finding Elsken except he was a photographer who did nudes
Oh! well part of life too.
Cheers
Willis
 


I got a set of the six motorcycles by Faller from a store in Germany late last year - they had been on order so long I'd forgotten them, The layout I needed them for is no more, so I can sell them on if required - still on their sprues. Also have some Woodland Scenics ones and some by Busch and by Noch - Email me <chacmool at lineone dot net> if you are interested. I'm looking for some HO CMW type round-nosed East Coast Aerovan and flatbed Type trailers and cars suitable for a 40's/50's layout, If you want to trade. Should have my main computer back shortly and could post photos then - currently on old clockwork laptop, and can't.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top