More custom paint schemes

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hey Littlefoot, glad to see your doing good n still around here! I did some digging in some old files and managed to find your drawings with my paint scheme. I decided to 'freshen' up my fleet and come up with a new paint scheme. What do you think of these?
 

Attachments

  • Western plains 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    Western plains 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 632
  • Western Plains SD40-2 paint scheme.jpg
    Western Plains SD40-2 paint scheme.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 831
  • Western Plains new paint scheme SD40-2 #202.jpg
    Western Plains new paint scheme SD40-2 #202.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 589
  • Western Plains new paint scheme 8-40CW #822.jpg
    Western Plains new paint scheme 8-40CW #822.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 880
Heres a bigger pic of the Dash 8 you did...
 

Attachments

  • Western Plains Dash 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    Western Plains Dash 8-40CW paint scheme.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 759
Hey Littlefoot, it took me a bit, but here is a pic of your work that came to life. I have other pics, and I will post em when I can load em. Athearn RTR GP60M, RPP/Athearn drive 8-40CW and a Walthers Trainline GP38, all Tsunami equipped. I have 1 more 8-40CW and 1 more GP38 done in this scheme.
 

Attachments

  • Western Plains lashup 1.jpg
    Western Plains lashup 1.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 509
  • Western Plains lashup 2.jpg
    Western Plains lashup 2.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 513
Last edited by a moderator:


Lots of fantastic paint jobs shown here !

These are my Kato FEF-3 Greyhounds I have painted for myself.


Kato FEF-3 Greyhounds, yellow stripes & lettering, black smoke stack #844, charcoal stack #807 - Light grey stripes & lettering, #843 black smoke stack, #842 charcoal smoke stack.​
Kato%20FEF-3%20Greyhounds_zpsrnbdgp51.jpg

Kato%20FEF-3%20Greyhounds%20-%202_zpsjsbpe5de.jpg

Kato%20FEF-3%20Greyhounds%20-%201_zpshi78s8ms.jpg


Besides mine, to date I have painted around 30 more for others.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
B&O fanasy schemes for Diesel Engines

Quite a number of years ago I ran into these passenger cars schemes for B&O,..and it turns out there were some prototype cars painted like this.
Capitol Ltd, B&O.jpg



It got me to thinking of how they might have painted a few engines to match that passenger car set ? Here is a few examples of what i came up with,...hope to actually paint a few of my unpainted locos like this.
E8 B&O fantasy scheme A.jpg
E8, B&O fantasy scheme B.jpg
 
The king of custom paint schemes!

Metallic purple with pink bedazzling and googly eyes!

My 5 year old daughter likes trains. This was our art project together last year.

IMG_20170103_181304.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
CbarM- Thanks for knocking the dust off this thread. Unfortunately I do not know if I still have any of these drawings or not as the laptop I used to make them hasn't been used in years. Please post some photos of those locomotives that you had painted; I'd love to see them.

Beiland- I agree with you. I was excited to open this thread when I got the email notification of CbarM's post. I was 15 years old when I started this thread and made those drawings; oh how times have changed. It certainly would've been a walk through the past to see those drawings again.

Life is pretty crazy right now and I certainly don't have the free time available that 15yr old Littlefoot did, but I don't see why I couldn't pick up the fantasy schemes and custom designs again. It will almost certainly take me longer to do, but I will try to accommodate any requests that folks may have. Posting in this thread or sending an email would be the best way to reach me.

Best Wishes,
Not-so-Littlefoot

LittleFoot,

I came across this thread....

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?18738-Coffee-Shoppe-XXIV&p=193160#post193160

Where you said...

Jeff- Thats the same problem im having, no room its the HW&C RY right now, the Hardwoods and Carpet Railway for me

I have a HW&C RY engine and was wondering if I could possibly find out some history on the Hardwoods and Carpet Railway. Do you know anything about it?

Here is my engine... It is a Mantua pre-WWII 2-8-0 Consol...

4387633701_2fb7ebbc72_o.jpg

4304865071_37917b558e_o.jpg
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top