Hello. New to the forum! Nice posts here.
I have an issue you experts out there might want to advise on.
we are a modular railroad group belonging to a European organization. (see http://www.ete.org)
Some of our members are getting stiff legged so we want to build a gateway access, aka access bridge. It cannot conventionally swing up, alas. we run catenary overhead wire, which creates all sorts of headaches in the lift-up with hinge arrangement. Attached (I hope) is a pdf showing sketch alternatives.
Here's one, a lift pin and swing arrangement.
View attachment 28734
View attachment 28736
And another, a swing-away with staggered points to accommodate overhead wires.
View attachment 28735
Thoughts?
I have an issue you experts out there might want to advise on.
we are a modular railroad group belonging to a European organization. (see http://www.ete.org)
Some of our members are getting stiff legged so we want to build a gateway access, aka access bridge. It cannot conventionally swing up, alas. we run catenary overhead wire, which creates all sorts of headaches in the lift-up with hinge arrangement. Attached (I hope) is a pdf showing sketch alternatives.
Here's one, a lift pin and swing arrangement.
View attachment 28734
View attachment 28736
And another, a swing-away with staggered points to accommodate overhead wires.
View attachment 28735
Thoughts?
Last edited by a moderator:
