ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
They make some great stuff!! Never built one of there structures, but hope to sometime soon!!
I really like a lot of their stuff too. It's also great that they mention exactly what colors you should use and sell them.
I have to wonder if all these models of existing companies have actually been okayed and licensed by the companies in question. Elsewise, the kits may all disappear quite quickly.
NYW&B
I have to wonder if all these models of existing companies have actually been okayed and licensed by the companies in question. Elsewise, the kits may all disappear quite quickly.
NYW&B
I'm wondering the same thing. They do look like nice kits though.
I'm thinking they have ok'ed with the companys since the Summit Hotel is a direct build of all the Super 8's I've seen.
I wonder if Pelle Soeberg uses thes kits on his layout (featured in Model Railroader a several times). I think I've seen a few of these on photos of his layout.
I've seen one in person...they are as nice as you would expect them to be. I love how they portray the modern era too...
I wonder if Pelle Soeberg uses thes kits on his layout (featured in Model Railroader a several times). I think I've seen a few of these on photos of his layout.
Yes he uses their kits and they have been available for over 2 years so you wont see them disappear anytime soon. I picked up a Taco Bell kit but have yet to assemble it.
Pelle was the reason Summit came into the model RR world. His Denny's was sut for him by Summit before they had the kit line.
very nice but i dont like the prices lol
"very nice but i dont like the prices lol "
I'm guessing that the prices are that high because of licensing fees. I have to agree, too high for me.
Not only are the prices high but the kits are quite crude, with a lot of sanding and truing up needed to get them to fit together. Most of the parts are commonly available Plastistruct and Vollmer parts and could be easily assembled from scratch. I imagine much of the cost is the licensing for all the signage. I built the CVS pharmacy for a friend and I'm certain I could have done it from scratch for about half the price. The entire kit needs lots of painting and detail work to look good. I personally wouldn't spend the money to buy one but, if you do, you really need to have some fairly advanced kit building and painting skills.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)