Modern-day New York Central hauls the Tropicana Juice Train

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Yeah, I know about them being sold. Tropicana is now using newer, smooth-side mechanical refrigerator cars, custom-built by Millenium Railcar in Kansas. They are white and feature the newer Tropicana logo. However, if you look closely, you will still see some of the old orange cars mixed into the trains.

Since the newer car was custom-designed for Tropicana according to their specifications, it is very highly unlikely that a model manufacturer will come out with an HO scale version. (only a few hundred prototype cars exist, and only for one roadname) I, however, am already in the process of kitbashing these cars and casting a resin mold, so I may make an entire train! I will still keep the older cars in my collection, of course.
 
Awesome looking train and engines. Questions about your engines, when you painted them, Did you seat the paint with a clearcoat?

Thanks
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top