Model Railroader demographic

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I think my dad kind of enjoyed my model railroading when I was a kid, but he was certainly not a Model Railroader. He was just helping me. His generation didn't have hobbies, you were a kook or lazy to be wasting time (and money) on stuff like that. (OK, we're still kooks.) I think the Baby-boomers brought hobbies as we know them into the mainstream with them as they grew up.
 
True, Gary. To my dad, hobbies were things like hunting or fishing, time spent putting food on the table. As he got older and rose in his career, he did take up golf but that was about his only hobby. He did like trains though, and he built me my first Lionel layout when I was seven. Thus, the monster was created. :)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top