ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I am creating my own backdrops from images I find on Flickr. I have used industrial and mountain scenes, print them out on Strathmore board using a color laser printer. I had to experiment to find the maximum thickness my printer would pick-up, but it seems that 30 to 40 pd board works great most of the time.
Sounds like a great idea. Can you post some pictures?
Don't think that would be a good idea since the images are copyrighted.
That's too bad. There are lots of sites, like
http://www.cgtextures.com/, that have tons of public domain images so you don't have to worry about copyright issues.
Thanks for the Intel
Didn't think of public domain images when it came to model railroading. Thanks.
Cool idea!
I tried once to print on thin styrene..... big mistake! Never got the dang printer clean again.
On a related note, I'd love to print out industrial interiors for my buildings, any good pics out there?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)